Air Force Inn at Wright Patterson, any one stayed there?

CFI A&P

Exploring the world one toilet at a time.
Making a trip quick trip though the museum and staying there next week, curious of anyone has any PIREPs on it.

Thanks.

Stayed there 4 or 5 years ago, but IIRC it's up on the main part of the base and a bit away from the NMUSAF.

Stayed there back in December. I had a Southwest credit to burn and was able to fly round-trip into Columbus for what was a one-way ticket to FL. The hotel is on base, but the drive to the museum isn't that bad. From the outside you can tell that it used to be something else (dorms?). The hallway and rooms inside were what you would expect for a hotel. Due to lack of rooms available I was placed in a small suite. For those of us who have the access you can't beat the price. You're not going to find another hotel with a simliar nightly rate. There are a number of them down the road in the big shopping area.

Never stayed there, I will say that I've never been dissatisfied with any AF Inn CONUS. The price of course is always unbeatable.

I don't know about the inn. When the wifey and I stayed there during our PCS to Oceana, we got a full up house near the hospital facility. It was decently nice, not a whole lot going on in the area though aside from the museum which we missed the business/visitor hours for sadly

My wife and I stayed there several years ago before my Guard unit went to Ft. Irwin for two weeks. It was quiet, clean and, IMO, a typical AF Inn. The price is definitly better than anything off base.

Thanks for the info, I had reservations for a hotel in town, but decided to use the on base services instead.

Since their website is lacking photos, I'll probably get some photos in case anyone is wondering.

Here are a couple of pictures I took when I stayed there ...

185.JPG 183.JPG 176.JPG 172.JPG

Back