Air Evac Helo jobs

Yeah I think AMC still has something like 40-50 open positions. Not a bad time to be a whirlygigger if you've got the time.

Don't worry about that. With those new rules they put out, the aircraft will be too heavy to get off the ground. Also, after some med crews read it*, I doubt they'll ever let the aircraft lift.

* specifically p 44
As noted by the NTSB, medical personnel “cannot be expected to meaningfully participate in the decision-making process to enhance flight safety or to significantly contribute to operational control of the flight.”

Not for the faint of heart. An Airlift Northwest crew transported a critically-injured old friend of mine a few hours ago in what appeared to be horrible conditions in the Seattle area.

Not for the faint of heart. An Airlift Northwest crew transported a critically-injured old friend of mine a few hours ago in what appeared to be horrible conditions in the Seattle area.

I have to chortle a bit at the complaints about pay for Riddle Rats pressing some buttons under direct supervision when I think about all the HEMS dudes out there making the go/no call at 2am in an aircraft no sane person would get in to in the first place on the best of days. I feel very lucky indeed to have worked with those nutters. Hope your friend pulls through.

I have to chortle a bit at the complaints about pay for Riddle Rats pressing some buttons under direct supervision when I think about all the HEMS dudes out there making the go/no call at 2am in an aircraft no sane person would get in to in the first place on the best of days. I feel very lucky indeed to have worked with those nutters. Hope your friend pulls through.
Thanks. If I was a HEMS guy, they would have to convince me that I knew the victim to get me off the ground in some of the conditions they fly in.

Thanks. If I was a HEMS guy, they would have to convince me that I knew the victim to get me off the ground in some of the conditions they fly in.
Really? Have you seen the restrictions they have? Usually the fixed wing can go in way worse conditions.

That said, ALNW does fly IFR rotor. Methods' crew.

Back