Air Cargo Carriers

Where at? Last my friend told me you got canned by Silver and have not flown since.
Hope your application forms are spelled better than you type. I got canned from Silver? HA! Thanks for the laugh. I know nobody else gets it, and that's ok. Just know you're so far from the truth it's awesome. EDIT: FYI, FWIW, I left Silver by choice, and have a job.

Why would you leave by choice? Two regionals and did not make it out of training at either one.
Things that make you go hmmmm.........

Why would you leave by choice? Two regionals and did not make it out of training at either one.
Things that make you go hmmmm.........
You can say whatever you want. I have my reasons, you nor nobody else on here needs to know the real reasons, and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with not being able to make it through training.

So....Just feel like I should put some truth into this forum...and to answer the original post...Most likely coming in as a new hire you will be based in SJU. Other junior bases include BKW, CRW, SBO. All other bases include: ASW, IAH,MDT,MIA, MYR, SAV, SFO, DNV, and standby crew at LCK (formerly JVY). Starting pay is 26,780 (including per diem = isn't trying to trick you when they tell you it includes per diem) + if on UPS where you load/unload that comes to an extra $3000 a year. If first year FO pay with per diem at a regional comes close to 30K please let me know who you are flying for - just interested for possible future jobs. 1 year non pro-rated contract. Upgrade time is about a year. Just remember now that this is Part 135 cargo - definitely not as glamorous as 121 flying but ACC is one of the better feeders out there.. ASW, DNV, BKW, CRW, SBO, SAV, MYR, LCK are UPS. SJU is FedEx, Holsum Bread and Amerijet. MDT, SFO, and IAH are DHL and are usually fairly senior bases due to their schedules. Hours flown vary by base but are usually on the lower end. anywhere from 35-70 hours a month - again depending on what base you are at. Also just to throw it out there - anytime you pay for a job website it is tax deductible. For those looking at air cargo with their min time i would say that there are not many better options for those who don't want to CFI anymore and are not at 135 or 121 mins. After a year you are free from the contract and have 135 Turbine multi time in a multi crew aircraft . Any other questions just ask. KHanson - didnt know you were flying somewhere else - where are you at? feel free to pm me.

If first year FO pay with per diem at a regional comes close to 30K please let me know who you are flying for - just interested for possible future jobs.

well this thread with Khanson is interesting...

btw...for FlyingIllini...as a fellow alum...I made 31k my first year at Shuttle America (avg. 85-90 credit a month)

Starting pay is 26,780 (including per diem = isn't trying to trick you when they tell you it includes per diem) + if on UPS where you load/unload that comes to an extra $3000 a year.
According to APC per diem is $225/month. That is $11,700 in a year. That means first year pay is 15,800. That is equivalent to Great Lakes pay. It is misleading when they tell you the total amount of money you will be getting is "$26,780, per diem included" since no other company in the industry includes per diem in their pay like that. They are hoping you miss the fact that per diem is included and that it is not compensation.

In reality this is a tax dodge since the company no longer needs to pay a normal salary. I do believe as a result they do not need to pay as much toward payroll taxes.

noted - thanks! 85-90 credit a month is a lot
I know the standard schedule for cargo, in many ways I would rather fly more when I am working and get more time off at home. Sitting in a crew apartment or hotel all day long isn't as great as it sounds.

Last edited:
That means first year pay is 15,800. That is equivalent to Great Lakes pay. It is misleading when they tell you the total amount of money you will be getting is "$26,780, per diem included" since no other company in the industry includes per diem in their pay like that."

Sorry but I just dont see the big deal about the pay including per diem...no its not fantastic - but it is livable for the one year or so you are there instead of going to a turboprop regional and afterwards then you are more marketable to go straight to the top tier regionals or charter or whatever instead of being stuck in your 2nd year contract that several regionals have.. Sure the company most likely does that to avoid taxes - idk truth be told - but that is also 11,700 of Non Taxed Income YOU get as well and with the current state of taxes I am happy about that. Per diem is meant for times being away from home when you have to go buy food at restaurants when stuck in a hotel room with no kitchen, etc. With most cargo jobs including ACC you are home everyday and dont use the per diem when away like 121 does - so again just dont see the big fuss about what the pay is - Total income before taxes is from what it seems on average with most regionals. It is there stated what you will get - they dont hide it by any means when interviewing. Why such a negative outlook when someone below 121 and 135 mins could get hired flying Turbine Twin prop, transport category, multi crew aircraft in part 135 operations and get a type rating at it as well. Much more valuable experience to progress one's career than instructing for another 400+ hours after already instructing for several hundred hours. They are not marketing to hire people with ATP mins - this is for lower time people or people who have higher time but very few multi time.

Last edited:
What is this 2nd year contract? I've never heard of that.
some regionals have a 2 year contract...from what I've heard(here at S5)...most are rarely enforced unless you give them a reason to go after you.

Sorry but I just dont see the big deal about the pay including per diem..

Well, the fact that per diem isn't considered part of salary anywhere, and nobody else does per diem like that are 2 reasons why it is odd. It is non taxable income so it isn't salary, so it should never be considered part of your salary. I have never heard anyone do that.

Also if you work for ACC and get the SFO MHR run, be prepared to sit around all day at MHR with no crew apartment or car. You are stuck at the airport for about 9 hours with nothing to do.

Its just how you view the situation and having all the information helps: Part 135 cargo is not for everyone. For my lifestyle and having weekends off its a decent QOL for now. SFO base has housing paid for - big plus due to the cost of living there. You are not required to stay at the airport in MHR. Buy a beater car or a $20 bike and you have lots of opportunity to do things like go to the Gym, rock climb, explore, do whatever your hobby is. At the airport there are sleep rooms if you want, internet, tv room - the basic essentials to entertain on a rainy day if you dont want to go out.

Does anyone know who the freight feeders are for FedEx/UPS out of Houston? I found Empire Air does Dallas, and it looks like ACC may have one route out of Houston, but there must be others. Thanks in advance from the newb!

Does anyone know who the freight feeders are for FedEx/UPS out of Houston? I found Empire Air does Dallas, and it looks like ACC may have one route out of Houston, but there must be others. Thanks in advance from the newb!
ACC does a DHL out of iah and there is only one caravan for ups out of there, a metro goes to nawlins for dhl as well

Back