AI and aircraft (spun off from Fedex thread)

Good. I hope the tech people turning our world to garbage write their own retirement orders first. I write this on a Mac for irony.

I’ve been running Windows on a Mac since the first days of Boot Camp. Windows has always had its flaws but it’s biggest problem has been cheap PC’s and the unpredictable results seen when there are a million combinations of primary components.

XP ran well on a Mac and Win 7 and 10 run great on a Mac. These days, I have many more crashes and memory leaks when running OSX than Windows. Currently running Catalina.

This might be my favorite “bad use of ChatGPT” story ever.

A NUMBER OF seniors at Texas A&M University–Commerce who already walked the stage at graduation this year have been temporarily denied their diplomas after a professor ineptly used AI software to assess their final assignments

Dr. Jared Mumm, a campus rodeo instructor who also teaches agricultural classes, sent an email on Monday to a group of students informing them that he had submitted grades for their last three essay assignments of the semester. Everyone would be receiving an “X” in the course, Mumm explained, because he had used “Chat GTP” (the OpenAI chatbot is actually called “ChatGPT”) to test whether they’d used the software to write the papers — and the bot claimed to have authored every single one.

Apparently ChatGPT claims it wrote Crime and Punishment.

If you ask me who the first prof to get suckered into failing students by a bot would be, TAMU guy who teaches students to judge pigs and sheep would be high on the list.

Back