Ahh yes!

[ QUOTE ]
Even if you're not a baseball fan, though, the story line is just too good to pass up. Here are two teams with a real shot at making it to the World Series who haven't won it since 1908 and 1918. That is one hell of a story line.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, you are right. i cant help but pay attention if only for the great annomalie we are all witnessing. i hope they both get into the ws.

For the record, the Marlins lost in 11 innings last night. It was a great game, and both teams played really well. We got to the stadium at around 2 PM and managed to get tickets for $25 a pop from the box office. Seats weren't bad at all, even thought they were upper deck left field. I'd go back again today, but I have to work and that drive to Miami and back from Orlando nearly killed me.

In one of the Back to the Future movies it says the cubs will face the red sox in the 2003 WS!

I gotta tell you, tonight, when I watched the ALCS, after the Yanks closed to 3-2, I was sure the Sox were going to blow it in a heartbreaking way. I'm not even a Sox fan, but I really want to see them make it. Dynasties like the Yanks are boring for everyone except their fans.

Even after they got to two strikes on the last Yanks batter, I was like, okay, so how are the Sox going to blow this one?

And even though it's 3-2 for the Cubs and they've got Prior and Wood going for them, I'm still thinking they'll find a way to blow it.

When it comes to those two teams, it is not safe to put the game in the bag until the very last out is recorded. Just ask any Sox fan about game six of the 1986 World Series. They weren't just one out away, they were one STRIKE away, and they blew it.

By the way, the last time the Sox won the World Series in 1918? Babe Ruth was pitching for them. And you know who they beat?

The Cubs.

Sorry, I'm a huge baseball fan, and I never, ever, ever, ever thought I'd see the day where there was even a small, tiny, remote possibility that the Sox and Cubs would face each other in the World Series.

[ QUOTE ]
And even though it's 3-2 for the Cubs and they've got Prior and Wood going for them, I'm still thinking they'll find a way to blow it

[/ QUOTE ]

Us Marlin fans can only hope....

Cards! Cards! Cards! Cards!

I know ... I know ...

Since the Cards aren't in the running this year I do hope it's the Cubs.

I'd love to see a Cubs/Red Soxs series! That would rock.

I'm a huge Yankee fan, and my life has literally been revolving around these Yankee/Red Sox games. Just the thought of us getting beat by Boston is enough to send shivers down my spine. Yankees-Cubs would be an awesome World Series.

LETS GO YANKS!

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a huge Yankee fan.........Yankees-Cubs would be an awesome World Series.

[/ QUOTE ]

For you. For you and Yankee fans it would be a great World Series.

However, the rest of the country, myself included, is rooting for a Cub v. Red Sox World Series.

Everybody (except Yankee fans) are tired of seeing the "Best Team That Money Can Buy". The act is old. Time for revenue sharing to kick in and for the playing field to be leveled.

Very Buc-like meltdown by them Cubbies last night. Not good.

Maybe the curse is for real after all?
wink.gif

Back