Ahh Manchester!

LOL, That would be interesting advertisement for the website. But it would be neat to get a pick of Doug doing his job!

aloft-
Don't miss the cold please! It's -10C right now. It will warm up to 0C tomarrow and drop back down to -20C on Wednesday. I envy you for living in a warm climate!

Doug have you ever found a pic on A.net, or anywhere else I guess, of an aircraft while your were flying it?

Ahhh.....The cold, I didn't know what cold was until last Wed.
I had the overcoat and everything, but didn't have anything to protect my face.
I just started college at a new university....Appalachian State University in the North Carolina Mountains. On Wed. morning with the wind chill it felt like it was about -20.

Doug....did part of your face get numb out in the cold? That happened to me on Wed.

And that hotel sounds like crap....did you and your fellow crew members report the incidents to Delta? I've heard that most airlines have somewhere where the crews can complain about the hotel.

Time to get out the US map eh?!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Whoa...I'm still blown away that there is a Manchester NH. I didn't know that b4 now

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeeze, don't make me feel bad. I know New Hampshire isn't that big and nice.
grin.gif
HAHA

You know, the funniest part I left out of the story was this: When I first walked in from the hotel shuttle, there was this guy with a funny hat that walks up to me and says, "Hi I'm John Haines"

"Hi John Haines," and I kept walking.

He shook my hand and said, "I'm running for President, that's John Haines, H-A-I-N-E-S"

"President of what?"

"The United States"

"Good luck John!" I said.

Then the captain walks in...

"Hey skipper, I'm John Haines, H-A-I-N-E-S" and holds out his hands to the captain.

"How are ya?" and he keeps walking towards the front desk.

"I'm running for President!"

"President of what?" The captain asks

"Of the United States, that's John Haines, H-A-I-N-E-S"

"Umm, ok, good luck!"

Then the flight attendant walks in...

"Hi, I'm John Haines, that's H-A-I-N-E-S and I'm running for president"

The flight attendants starts cracking up, "Oh, that's so sweet, president of what?"

A little miffed, "Of the United States!"

The flight attendants all start laughing their butts off.

"Why of course!"

Poor guy!

Yeah, the cold sucks, but what are you gonan do about it. right? we spray a deicer solution on the wings to get the frost/snow/ice off the airframe. Usually do the whole aircraft. Only problem is, when you get below 20 degree F things start to refreeze on you....or dont melt period. worst part was there wasnt a cloud in the sky....

exaclty....dont tease me. and with the snow this week and possibly next weekened looks like i wont be flying for a while.

Ahh the good old Wayfarer Inn.

Is there any wonder why they are no longer a part of the Best Western Chain? (They were a Best Western up until a couple of years ago). After years of complaints, we finally got our airline to change hotels, now at the Homewood Suites, much nicer. Was always very suprised to see Delta and USAirways crews staying at the Wayfarer, seems more like a hotel for us commuter dogs. I think a lot of crews stay down in Nashua. I know Southwest used to.

That -18C sounds fun. Makes me glad I moved from Manchester to Florida three years ago.

Doug - People in NH are crazy! I wouldn't be surprised to witness that.

Androol - Southwest stays in Nashua which is nice. They are right near DWC and Boire Field. A family friend is a Captain for FedEx, when he is in MHT they put them in Holiday Inn. I guess it depends on the airline!

hahaha doug, funny story..not to hijack the thread, butive got one like that i guess i'll share...

So im in Indy for a hockey tournament, and we are right next to the RCA Dome. We are gathered outside our hotel looking at the 24 hour tailgaters in the parking lot across the street. We think its crazy. Then, a very old woman walks out and says "Whats going on out there?" One of the parents replies"Nothing, just some crazed football fans." She then replies "Okay, I think this a good time to report to the media that the neo-fascist Japanese are taking over the country." We all crack up and walk away from the poor woman, who was crazy or had no clue!

Actually it was Bob Haines that was hanging out at the hotel doing the above speil:

robt-haines.jpg

Source: politics1.com

Veddy Interessing...

"Robert Haines -- a former Texan who campaigns in a cowboy hat -- was the very first person who qualified for a spot on the 2004 New Hampshire primary ballot. In the past, he's run President in 1992 and 1996. He's also sought other offices in Colorado and elsewhere. In the mid-1990s, Haines moved to DC and began writing a political newsletter. He believes most voters remember that he was the man on the sidewalk in front of the White House who first tackled the gunman (Francisco Duran) who wanted to kill President Clinton by firing shots at the building and at Secret Service agents in 1994. Haines himself later spent time in jail for pulling a gun on a man while campaigning for the 1996 NH primary. Haines maintains he was defending himself after one man choked him and another threatened him outside a bar. "When elected, I will do my best to bring Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden to final justice. "

"I will not grant amnesty to eight million illegal immigrants. I will not sacrifice national security for political gain. I will protect our borders ... I will have a strong economy and plan for budget surpluses so that we can pay off the national debt," said Haines, about his platform. Haines -- who says he's already campaigned in 36 states in recent years -- refuses to accept that he is unknown to most voters. He argues -- somewhat delusionally -- that he is much like John McCain in 2000 and has a real chance of defeating Bush in New Hempshire. "

"Haines has even taken up residency in the state just so he can campaign more effectively there. His residency may be of a more permanent for a while -- as, in late November 2003, he was arrested and jailed without bond on violation of probation related to his 1996 gun conviction. Amusingly, when he was given his one phone call to initially make upon his arrest, he called an AP reporter to discuss how he intended to continue his campaign despite the arrest. Haines said he expected to be out of jail by primary day."

Back