Ahh... I love a good Thunderstorm

DogwoodLynx

I’m currently enjoying listening to the incoming overnight storm headed toward DFW area.

Yesterday and today felt like Spring had finally come to North Texas. It was wonderful to be completely jacket-less.

Will send warm thoughts to those still experiencing the bitter cold!

I woke up at around 5 am to a thunderstorm in Carrollton/Plano area (3 mile final fron ADS 15), my shi tzu wasn't having any of it!

We took close to a 2 hour delay trying to get out of DFW today. Ramp was closed and when we finally got pushed and taxi clearnce, we had to come back and get fuel. And the re-route was completely stupid.

We took close to a 2 hour delay trying to get out of DFW today. Ramp was closed and when we finally got pushed and taxi clearnce, we had to come back and get fuel. And the re-route was completely stupid.

Yep. It was all messed up today. Interesting day in Ops.

We even had an a Crew head the complete wrong direction and have to come back. Poor crew ☹️

Spring time in MN! Hope nobody flew in here Saturday night after 6pm.

I did. Sadly I made it in as the ATIS updates for the last 20 min of my flight went from 3-2-1.5-.75 sm visibility. The funny thing is, I was really hoping the storm would have beat me there so I would have to go to my alternate as icing on the cake for the crazy lady I almost had to remove from the flight in Calgary. She was a real gem there and I can't imagine she would have reacted well to being told we diverted to Chicago and she missed her connecting flight to Newark.

And then I sat in the deicing pad for 45 minutes while IDS tried to spray the thick wet slush off my wings. When ground claimed the deicing pads ran out of fluid, I believed it.

Back