Ahh! Gotta love it.

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
So we're flying into Philadelphia last night, 60 knot crosswind on final approach, just a little bit of 'map shift' when the AHRS (basically a predecessor to IRU) gets confused and basically turbulent all the way down on the approach.

Come across the threshold to flare and we're still looking at a 90 degree crosswind at the maximum 30 knot steady state limit, but it's also gusting up to 45 knots.

Fun, fun, fun.

I land, somehow (and I'm still trying to figure this one out) "grease" the landing and the captain gives me big kudos because he saw that I worked my tail off. In fact the crosswind was so nasty, I pretty much ran out of aileron during the flare.

Anyway, we start deplaning and what do I get from the very first passenger?

"Hey, you suck! You guys are always late..." blah blah blah.

Ahhh, gotta love it!

By the way, we were actually on time!
smile.gif

If you could only tell him, "Try walking and lets see who gets there first".
tongue.gif

I love hearing those who don't know what the hell they are talking about grade the landings. On my red eye back from Vegas, I got to sit in the exit row with a person who just bought a Piper Cherokee and her boyfriend. Anyway, we touch down at IAD, and there's rain and fog. It probably wasn't the best landing the guy had ever done, but it was fine.

And the dofuses behind us start saying, oh, man, that was a hard landing.

Three sets of eyes roll.

By the way, MQA, the person who bought the plane was going your route. She was a flight attendant who got furloughed and decided that she wanted to be in the cockpit when she gets back to work. She bought the plane so that she can build time for her commercial.

Yeah, I would LOVE to be able to buy a plane right now. Unfortunatly we have to buy formula & diapers first! My dad is REALLY wishing we (dad, dh & I) had the means to buy right now because there's a 310 for sale on ebay that's a really great deal, but we just can't swing the funds! He just finished building a kick-butt hanger/maintenance facility at MRJ (Iowa County Regional) and his specialty is 310s.

Back