Ah crap

I mean, now would be the ideal time to make some poor financial decisions because in about 6 months our money won’t be worth anything anyway, might as well have some fun with it while you can.
So, it's obviously different for everyone, but given $100,000 cash in hand right now... What would you buy? Right now? And I'm not talking just equities or debt. I mean anything. What's important to buy right now?

A boat - ideally a sailboat, and sailing lessons.
That option is significantly outside the budget range mentioned. Almost did that last time. I'm an experienced sailor. It certainly sounds like a good idea, but the devil is in the practicalities. You need a blue-water boat, and even blue-water boats need safe harbors. If it's about hiding from the virus... Well, don't forget, even Kivalina, AK was overrun by the Spanish Flu. That was 1918, before any planes were going there. There are still no roads to the place. As I've said before, I don't think there's any hiding from the virus. Dampening the wave, maybe. Hiding, no.

That option is significantly outside the budget range mentioned. Almost did that last time. I'm an experienced sailor. It certainly sounds like a good idea, but the devil is in the practicalities. You need a blue-water boat, and even blue-water boats need safe harbors. If it's about hiding from the virus... Well, don't forget, even Kivalina, AK was overrun by the Spanish Flu. That was 1918, before any planes were going there. There are still no roads to the place. As I've said before, I don't think there's any hiding from the virus. Dampening the wave, maybe. Hiding, no.

I don't think it will help you, I just always wanted a boat.

;-)

A boat parked in a remote fjord in Greenland. You'll be good. You can never get greenland infected on expert mode.

I’m one of you now.
Congratulations, I remember that day and the day I soloed vividly. They changed my entire outlook on a lot of things, the foremost being the responsibility I was now bestowed with and the weight of that responsibility. Have fun, be careful, if you're not sure about the weather you've already answered your own questions and sit it out.

Back