AF Looking for New Ways to Get Drone Pilots

I just took a look at my flight records printout, and there's now a new category for "UAV" time. Kill terrorists in the morning, grab Taco Bell for lunch, kill more terrorists in the afternoon! :nana2:

The USAF brass needs to watch "The Last Starfighter" and set-up the games at all the PX/BX's, oh and Walmarts. :nana2:

I can see why people want this,

good pay, retirement, benefits plus home every night with the family...no 6 month deployments

good pay, retirement, benefits plus home every night with the family...no 6 month deployments

Yup. Its great that they have made seperate tracks for UAVs. That way, those seeking what you just mentioned have a 100% shot of getting what they want while those who want to fly manned aircraft are happy too. I like it.

No deployments? Who told you this, a recruiter?!? They DO deploy. The pilots that are deployed are the ones who do the TO and landings...the "orbit time" is controlled by pilots (or gamers) back stateside.

Back