Aeromedical Question

AA

I have a question, I just got done reading a post in the medical part of the forums. I was reading about not telling the FAA that you are on a certain medication. Could you really be on Prozac and the FAA would never find out about it you never told them, and you could still get your First Class Medical? (Sorry to post sort of the same question, I am just kind of interested.) Thanks a lot guys!

You could probably get away with it so long as you dont get a job....the way I understand it is that its the employer's responsibility to test for alcohol/drugs. I believe that you have to take a whiz quiz if you ever get into an accident too. Not sure about that though.

[ QUOTE ]
I have a question, I just got done reading a post in the medical part of the forums. I was reading about not telling the FAA that you are on a certain medication. Could you really be on Prozac and the FAA would never find out about it you never told them, and you could still get your First Class Medical? (Sorry to post sort of the same question, I am just kind of interested.) Thanks a lot guys!

[/ QUOTE ]

getting the medical isn't the issue, but the random drug tests are, and depending on your employer.. well it could be a HUGE issue.

So if you **ARE** taking Prozac, YES do tell the Doc,

If you **HAD** taken it in the past, skip it.

One need to ask.. If I need Prozac to manage my day, Should I be flying airplanes? I wouldn't think so.

My $.02, refunds available.

Alright thanks guys that cleared it up pretty well, from what I was hearing you should only never tell the FAA if you used to take the medication, not currently. I was just interested about that because I had never heard of that before.

[ QUOTE ]
My $.02, refunds available.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe...i'll take a refund. I see that you have 2733 posts, so, with the help of a calculator, 2733 * 2 = 5466 cents. Divide 5466 by 100 and I see that you owe 54.66. Paypal or snail mail is fine
smile.gif

Back