AeroGuard hiring CFIs

kryan11

Hey guys, AeroGuard Flight Training Center is actively hiring CFIs. They have taken on a lot of new students creating the need for a lot of instructors right now. That paired with instructors are getting their hours so fast and moving onto the airlines. Most instructors are getting around 65 hours a month in PPL, and 100+ hours a month in IR.

They are currently offering salary, up to a $5000 sign on bonus and 3 weeks of housing for anyone new to Phoenix.

If you’re interested, they also have a lot of opportunities to move up in the company and with that comes a substantial increase in pay. There’s positions such as training managers, check airman, standardization trainers, and assistant chief flight instructor that are available to move up into.

If you have any questions, please feel free to message me. I have been working there for 3 years. Two years now as an instructor. I will admit I’m a little bit biased because they have done a lot to help me and my career, but I will try to answer any questions so that I can to help you make the best decision for your career.

Hey guys, AeroGuard Flight Training Center is actively hiring CFIs. They have taken on a lot of new students creating the need for a lot of instructors right now. That paired with instructors are getting their hours so fast and moving onto the airlines. Most instructors are getting around 65 hours a month in PPL, and 100+ hours a month in IR.

They are currently offering salary, up to a $5000 sign on bonus and 3 weeks of housing for anyone new to Phoenix.

If you’re interested, they also have a lot of opportunities to move up in the company and with that comes a substantial increase in pay. There’s positions such as training managers, check airman, standardization trainers, and assistant chief flight instructor that are available to move up into.

If you have any questions, please feel free to message me. I have been working there for 3 years. Two years now as an instructor. I will admit I’m a little bit biased because they have done a lot to help me and my career, but I will try to answer any questions so that I can to help you make the best decision for your career.

Are they really active because they're cranking out pilots from India and China, or are they just a regular active FBO? Curious.

Are they really active because they're cranking out pilots from India and China, or are they just a regular active FBO? Curious.

They train pilots from China, Vietnam, Korea, and the United States. They are not an FBO. They are a flight school.

They are actually really ramping up their domestic program and training pilots for SkyWest airlines. If this is something you’re interested in as a student or instructor, it’s definitely an option. I think it’s a great program and they just bought brand new G1000 Archers for it.

Can you give more details about the amount of flying I could expect? I am working for a 135 in Puerto Rico right now, but am barely building time. What are all the duties other than instructing in the physical plane? How much multi time could I expect? Are employees employees or independent contractors? Thanks!

They train pilots from China, Vietnam, Korea, and the United States. They are not an FBO. They are a flight school.

They are actually really ramping up their domestic program and training pilots for SkyWest airlines. If this is something you’re interested in as a student or instructor, it’s definitely an option. I think it’s a great program and they just bought brand new G1000 Archers for it.

Hi Kryan -

1. How good is Aeroguard's standardization program, and how long does it last?
2. Does a new CFI/CFII get to pick whether to teach private v. instrument?
3. How's the schedule?

Can you give more details about the amount of flying I could expect? I am working for a 135 in Puerto Rico right now, but am barely building time. What are all the duties other than instructing in the physical plane? How much multi time could I expect? Are employees employees or independent contractors? Thanks!

It depends on the phase of training you're in. If you have Private Pilot students, you can expect around 65 hours a month. If you have Instrument students, you can expect 100+ hours a month.

Other duties outside of instructing in the plane; there are a few sims and briefings spread out through the syllabus in PPL and IR. The students attend ground school classes though, so you won't do the majority of the ground training. I've heard of multi instructors getting about 50-70 hours a month. Multi is a little bit more difficult to build time in, because the syllabus spends about half the time in a sim, and the other half in the plane.

Employees are employees. You get benefits, time off, and you're paid regardless even if a mission gets cancelled due to weather.

It depends on the phase of training you're in. If you have Private Pilot students, you can expect around 65 hours a month. If you have Instrument students, you can expect 100+ hours a month.

Other duties outside of instructing in the plane; there are a few sims and briefings spread out through the syllabus in PPL and IR. The students attend ground school classes though, so you won't do the majority of the ground training. I've heard of multi instructors getting about 50-70 hours a month. Multi is a little bit more difficult to build time in, because the syllabus spends about half the time in a sim, and the other half in the plane.

Employees are employees. You get benefits, time off, and you're paid regardless even if a mission gets canceled due to weather.

My school only offers the CFI with the airline program. Does Aeroguard still pay for instructors CFII?

Yes I am still with the school, and they are always hiring.

There are Chinese, Korean, and American students. Their domestic student program growing rapidly right now, so they're putting a lot of new flight instructors in that program. Message me if you'd like some more information or need a referral.

Yes I am still with the school, and they are always hiring.

There are Chinese, Korean, and American students. Their domestic student program growing rapidly right now, so they're putting a lot of new flight instructors in that program. Message me if you'd like some more information or need a referral.

Just got a job offer from them today as a mechanic, actually. I'm curious for your impression of the maintenance operation. Is there a lot of stuff getting MEL'd or INOP'd, or are they fixing squawks as they come up? Are the aircraft fairly reliable, mechanically speaking? And, most important to me, is there a high turnover rate for mechanics?

Just got a job offer from them today as a mechanic, actually. I'm curious for your impression of the maintenance operation. Is there a lot of stuff getting MEL'd or INOP'd, or are they fixing squawks as they come up? Are the aircraft fairly reliable, mechanically speaking? And, most important to me, is there a high turnover rate for mechanics?

They fix most things right away, every now and then there will be a plane they are waiting for parts on and there will be something inop for a month or two. If the ACs break in the winter, they just inop them, and wait till' summer to fix them.

Overall their maintenance program is really good. Very mechanically sound aircraft, just not pretty to look at. I don't know of a high turn over rate for the mechanics, I know quite a few who have been there for years and seem to like it.

They fix most things right away, every now and then there will be a plane they are waiting for parts on and there will be something inop for a month or two. If the ACs break in the winter, they just inop them, and wait till' summer to fix them.

Overall their maintenance program is really good. Very mechanically sound aircraft, just not pretty to look at. I don't know of a high turn over rate for the mechanics, I know quite a few who have been there for years and seem to like it.
Okay, good to hear, especially from someone who has some experience on the other end of the logbook! :biggrin:

Back