Aerodynamics .. blah

pilot602

If specified, this will replace the title that
Well I'm getting into my lessons on Aerodynamics. Any tips, warnings, Web sites etc. to look out for while I put together this monstrosity of a lesson(s)?

Keep the dirty side down.

That conludes our lesson for today.

Cookies and punch at the back.

wink.gif

I'm holding out for the duck we now apparently serve! %$#@*^%$~!
mad.gif

If you can get a copy of Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators, its a GREAT publication. You will learn everything you ever wanted to know about aerodynamics and more.

Really? That sucks!

Any ideas? I'd really like to make it downloadable at my website but if no one can read it there's no point
crazy.gif

I had the same problem, but when you get the "OPEN WITH" pop-up , scroll down and select MS-Word. It worked for me then.

OK here it is in PDF... The page margins are still a bit screwey but otherwise it turned out ok:

PDF File - 1.1 MB

To view it just click on it. To save it, right click and 'save as'.

Aerodynamics starts on p.33

Is it just me, or did that PDF come out as 400+ pages of garbage characters. See a bunch of (( @ # !!! (( and such all over the pages.

What version of WordPerfect did you create that file in originally?

Josh

[ QUOTE ]
Is it just me, or did that PDF come out as 400+ pages of garbage characters. See a bunch of (( @ # !!! (( and such all over the pages.

What version of WordPerfect did you create that file in originally?

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

The file is OK (thanks for posting Ed). Make sure you have Acrobat Reader and either 1) open it from Reader or 2) make sure you have PDF files associated with Acrobat Reader. If you try to open a PDF file in a word processor (any word processor), it will just be garbage

400 pages ... blah. Wussy.

Thanks for the file ... I'm going to steal everything, just FYI.
grin.gif

Seriously though ... glad to see you picked up on the newtonian theory. I might argue the 25/75 split but that's getting a little too ... whatever.
grin.gif

My book is currently getting rather large too. I type up my lesson plans then handwrite an outline (the outline is what I actually teach from) and fill in each lessen with photocopies, handouts, printouts etc of information dealing with whatever the lesson is on. For example in my systems lesson I photocopied practically every schematic from the Apache's maintenance manual and slapped it in there.

I'm impressed you've written everything out!

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the file ... I'm going to steal everything, just FYI.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha go for it, that goes for anyone
grin.gif

Yeah I thought it was gonna be 50... then it became 100, then 200, etc.
crazy.gif

Ok, appears it only opens in Acrobat for some reason. I typically use other PDF viewers since they are much faster, but for some reason, they don't seem to open this pdf correctly, even though it is recognized. Works fine in the Adobe branded software though.

Still wondering what exactly the file was create in. If the margins are messed up a bit (I can't tell if they are?) I'd like to open the file as created, and create a good pdf for ya if needed.

Hey thanks! I did the original in Word Perfect:

Here

...but apparently no one can view that either. To make the pdf, I used some free software I got off download.com, which is probably why it's cheap
smirk.gif

Yeah, but what VERSION of WordPerfect? There are about 10 or 15 versions out there, so if we can find out where you created it, I can open it as you intended originally in a copy I may have here.

PDF works, but you say it is not formatted correctly, so I'd like to see how it was originally if possible.

In any case, lots of work put into what you have. Looks good.

Back