Aerobatics

stuckingfk

I just started an aerobatic flight course, the flight portion of it anyway, already did the ground school for it. My first flight in the Super Decathalon was last week and it was a blast. We (instructor and I) did aileron rolls, loops, spins (going up and down) and a hammerhead with some funky stuff at the top. It was so much fun!

I think everyone should try aerobatics sometime. I can't believe some of the unusual attitudes an aircraft can get into and how easy it is to recover. It will give you confidence in how to get out of trouble without freaking out.

Next week is my second flight, I can't wait for that to happen!

What are you paying and how do you like wearing parachutes? I have an aerobat and want to learn aerobatics but need to find some chutes first.

The chutes aren't bad, kind of tight, but they seem to help keep you in the 5 point harness etter bthan without one on. Right now I am paying $99 an hour for the Super Decathalon, which is kind of expensive, but oh well. As soon as I am done with the course (11 hours), I will try to get on the aerobatic flight team we have here. Then, I will get it for around $79 an hour (staff rate), which is pretty good for a newer aircraft. Any more questions, just ask, I would be glad to answer them or try to find an answer. My instructor for this course used to fly in airshows, has a low altitude waiver from the FAA and has over 3000 hours. Very smart guy.

99 for the Super Decathalon? That's not bad at all.

Most of the places I've been ask $100 for the Decathalon and $120 for the Super Decathalon. Joining the club and getting $79 is great!

[ QUOTE ]
What are you paying and how do you like wearing parachutes? I have an aerobat and want to learn aerobatics but need to find some chutes first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ejection seats are inherently uncomfortable. Prefer a backpack chute.

Back