Aerial Photo Company needs an Assistant Dispatcher

SmileyPilot

Aperture Aviation is an Aerial Photography company located in San Jose, Ca we operate a fleet of Cessna 206s. We are currently expanding our fleet and are looking for someone to assist our dispatcher in determining appropriate locations for aircraft to be based to conduct successful photo missions. The dispatcher will use weather forecasting knowledge to determine the best locations for aircraft based on weather, city priority, Operations Manual requirements, and any other necessary criteria. This position will also work with the Chief Pilot and Flight Coordinators on matters of safety.

Duties and Responsibilities of the Assistant Dispatcher include:
-Weekly tasking and strategy for aircraft based on weather forecasts and predictions;
-Tracking aircraft locations and progress;
-Accessing/ editing spreadsheets that track production progress daily;
-Producing aircraft production summary reports;
-Interfacing with pilots on weather and location related questions;
-Interfacing with Coordinators and Fleet Manager prior to and during relocation of aircraft; and
-Any other administrative tasks required to assist management.

Qualifications:
-Four year college education with Meteorology experience, Instrument pilot certificate or comprable experience;
-Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Docs versions.

Schedule:
-Start part time for training, moving to full time employment

This doesn't sound too much like "dispatcher" work if they're not even requiring a dispatcher licesnse....plus, SJC is a notoriously expensive place to live. The experience gained in this position might help you get on with a regional airline's dispatch department, but not a major one. If you already live in the area, and have the requisite experience/licenses, I would say go for it - but it sounds like a better fit for a pilot who wants to eventually fly for this company than it does for a newly certificated dispatcher looking to gain experience. Just my opinion based on reading the post above - your mileage may vary.

We are not requiring a dispatcher certificate. We are specifically looking for someone that helps us do our company dispatch for our aerial photography. Mostly looking at weather and company priorities.

We are not requiring a dispatcher certificate. We are specifically looking for someone that helps us do our company dispatch for our aerial photography. Mostly looking at weather and company priorities.

I understand - I wasn't trying to rag on your company or anything. My primary point is that the experience gained at this job as you explained it, would not help you get a job dispatching for a major airline down the road. A lot of newly certificated dispatchers read this forum and I wanted to make sure they understood that before they applied.

Back