Aerial Mapping Job

May not be a breadwinner BUT it's my style. That type of flying is what it's all about. In my opinion of course.

Hey guys, just thought I would update this a bit... I am no longer working with the company (as of June) but here is some updated info on pay, hiring, and all that fun stuff:

Pay: Well good news here. The company has decided to be proactive and offer a bump in salary for lead pilots up to 30K base salary. After a string of experienced leads leaving they decided to try and stop that. That brings pay up to around the 40 to 45K range if you include per Diem etc... Not too shabby considering the work and schedule. Jr pilot pay didn't increase but the upgrade to Lead pilot is about 6 to 8 months depending on some different factors.

Hiring: Currently hiring. Other than myself, they have lost 3 other pilots in the last couple months and there has been a revolving door of Jr pilots recently.

Schedule: The company has reduced airframes for various reasons so this means that some of the trips have gotten longer. My last trip was about 5 weeks long and I was scheduled for a week or so off then back out for another 4 to 5 weeks. Great for making those fat per Diem checks but no so great if you have a lot going on outside of work.

So there it is... Please no PMs of resumes or anything because I'm not working there anymore but you can head over to the company website and find all the contact info you will need.

And an even more current update...

New Chief Pilot (and definitely someone whom I think will do a great job) and some plans to add a new multi-engine (AeroStar I think) to the camera side of the company which will make the opportunities to build multi time here even better for those who are looking to do so. Plans to repaint and refurbish most of the fleet have been tossed around (and are probably sorely needed). Also, word of a dedicated hangar to house the aircraft in when they are back at base have been tossed around from my understanding. Nothing really exciting to tell in terms of pay, qol, etc but the fact that the company is investing in it's fleet and a new hangar facility bodes well for it's future. I hear upgrades to "Lead Pilot" are coming pretty quick now as a lot of the senior Leads have left and others are coming and going quickly.

Back