ADX passed.. Jeppesen course question

Mattyairways

ADX passed.. Jeppesen course question.

Hey guys. So I’ve poured over this subreddit and various forums but haven’t found a definitive answer regarding the class after passing the ADX written on my own.

My plan is to attend the Jeppesen dispatcher course as it’s located in my hometown for the convenience and significantly reduces the cost of having to travel elsewhere. But my question is this..

It is my understanding that Jeppesen teaches students how to pass the written using the Gleim materials.
Now having passed the ADX written using Sheppard, will Jepp make me retake the written again? Is relearning the Gleim way “the way to go?” All help and insight is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hey guys. So I’ve poured over this subreddit and various forums but haven’t found a definitive answer regarding the class after passing the ADX written on my own.

My plan is to attend the Jeppesen dispatcher course as it’s located in my hometown for the convenience and significantly reduces the cost of having to travel elsewhere. But my question is this..

It is my understanding that Jeppesen teaches students how to pass the written using the Gleim materials.
Now having passed the ADX written using Sheppard, will Jepp make me retake the written again? Is relearning the Gleim way “the way to go?” All help and insight is appreciated.

Thanks.
If you passed you passed. It's all the same material, just different publishers. Personally, I used Gleim but only because that's what was provided at my school.

Thanks.

I highly doubt they’d make you take it again. That wouldn’t make sense. If you’ve already passed the adx I’d assume you’d be doing a 1 or 2 week course at Jepp. If you’re doing a longer course and you feel you’re in good shape I’d suggest considering going out of town for a 1 or 2 week course if that’s something that may make more financial sense(don’t know your specific situation).

Sorry, I said that second part. Not sure what I did to make it look like mattyairways responded to their own post.

Hey so I took the ADX and passed before the Jepp class (6 week in-person).
I used Sheppard mainly to study for the ADX and all I can say is prepare to be frustrated.

They use Gleim for their course materials because I think they have a deal with Gleim. Gleim is outdated (you'll see when you get to Weight and Balance, having you calculate cargo, no longer on the ADX) in some areas and questions will have different answers to what you actually saw on the ADX.

Mostly it is the same, but I'm saying this because at the end of each week there is a module test which essentially is a mock ADX broken up at the end of every unit that you need to pass (85% or higher, IIRC) even though you have the ADX, and at the end of the course a final exam which is the Gleim mock ADX.

No way around it unfortunately. Taking the ADX before the course definitely took some stress off the course but you are still expected to take and pass essentially the same test you have already passed.

Hey so I took the ADX and passed before the Jepp class (6 week in-person). I used Sheppard mainly to study for the ADX and all I can say is prepare to be frustrated. They use Gleim for their course materials because I think they have a deal with Gleim. Gleim is outdated (you'll see when you get to Weight and Balance, having you calculate cargo, no longer on the ADX) in some areas and questions will have different answers to what you actually saw on the ADX. Mostly it is the same, but I'm saying this because at the end of each week there is a module test which essentially is a mock ADX broken up at the end of every unit that you need to pass (85% or higher, IIRC) even though you have the ADX, and at the end of the course a final exam which is the Gleim mock ADX. No way around it unfortunately. Taking the ADX before the course definitely took some stress off the course but you are still expected to take and pass essentially the same test you have already passed.
Thank you for taking the time to reply. This was the exact answer I have been searching for.

You took and passed the ADX exam, yes? Okay so now you need the 60hrs?? of classroom time to get your certificate? (sorry I dont recall the exact FAA reqs).
I did Jepp and it was hell. The Gleim is horrible. But maybe they have a "short" course. Otherwise just sit through it and to the Jepp practical exam at the end and you're done. You do not and may not retake the ADX. You've done that part.
I will say that the Jepp HQ is a nice place and the staff are very acommodating. When I was there, they had a super nice in house cafeteria

Back