ADX Memorization Questions Vs Evaluation Questions

Yeah exams4pilots seems to have lots of questions that aren't included in the Sheffield recommended study questions. I'm in my 2nd week here at Sheffield, It's a viscous cycle of constantly trying to play catch up, but I'm learning a lot! :( I have the ADX next week, I hope I don't get to many performance questions. The instructor told us the test is usually 50/50, so half the test will involve calculations. I'm gonna take the ADX workshop over the weekend to go over the performance questions again.

Bradpmp said:
Yeah exams4pilots seems to have lots of questions that aren't included in the Sheffield recommended study questions. I'm in my 2nd week here at Sheffield, It's a viscous cycle of constantly trying to play catch up, but I'm learning a lot! :( I have the ADX next week, I hope I don't get to many performance questions. The instructor told us the test is usually 50/50, so half the test will involve calculations. I'm gonna take the ADX workshop over the weekend to go over the performance questions again.

Hang in there...it's crazy and you'll feel behind the entire time you are there. It's stressful but you can do it. Remember in the midst of your frustration and exhaustion that it's only 4 more weeks! Good luck on the ADX!

If the calculations give you a hard time on the test and you still aren't sure of the answer, I would choose the answer that is the middle value. (Ex. A = 5, B = 13, C = 8) Choose C in this case. I believe you will be correct 90% of the time. IMO. So take it for what its worth. You can also just look at the answers in the book to verify my theory.

I can tell you my experience and that of my fellow classmates. Some had 10 questions that were "chart" related, some 20 but I personally had 31. It was a nightmare! The tests are randomly computer generated so there is no way to know what you are going to get. I also had 4 flight plans where some had only 1. I finished the test with only 5 minutes to spare. You can't bank on anything...you'll get what you get.

I was in the same class as womanpilot73, like she said..the test is randomly generated, so its hard to say what you'll get. I spent alot of time stuying flight planning. on the test i only had 1 flight planning question and about 3 or 4 chart questions. Ironically i got like 9 questions on deicing! Thats the one subject i didnt really study, because i didnt think it was important enough to be on the ADX.. I honestlly guessed all of the deicing answers.. Luckly for me i passed the test.. My point is try not to worry about one certain subject, because you might end up like me and get alot of questions on a subject you didnt really study.

Back