ADX Knowledge Test Help

Palagi9

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and really this field as a whole. I've been working in my career for a few years and realized I have no passion for what I do and that I want to make the career shift toward becoming an Aircraft Dispatcher.

Since I will be taking the course remotely/online, it has been recommended that I complete the ADX Knowledge Test before enrolling. As such, I've begun studying for it, though keep in mind that I am coming from a completely unrelated field and this is all new to me. I know that Shepperd has a study app for the test, but I was wondering if anyone has advice on what I can use for study guides/material? It's kind of hard to get specific information online, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your help!

I used the Gleim test prep manual and also used their testing software since they offer it in the formatting you will be seeing when you take the actual test. Just quiz the hell out of it until you consistently get passing scores then take the test.

I assume you're referring to the Gleim ATP FAA Knowledge test prep material, right? Thank you!

I used the Gleim test prep manual and also used their testing software since they offer it in the formatting you will be seeing when you take the actual test. Just quiz the hell out of it until you consistently get passing scores then take the test.

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and really this field as a whole. I've been working in my career for a few years and realized I have no passion for what I do and that I want to make the career shift toward becoming an Aircraft Dispatcher.

Since I will be taking the course remotely/online, it has been recommended that I complete the ADX Knowledge Test before enrolling. As such, I've begun studying for it, though keep in mind that I am coming from a completely unrelated field and this is all new to me. I know that Shepperd has a study app for the test, but I was wondering if anyone has advice on what I can use for study guides/material? It's kind of hard to get specific information online, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your help!
If you sign up with Sheffield School (they offer both online and on-site classes), they have an EXCELLENT set of ADX study materials; they also have online quizzes. All that's necessary is to put down your deposit, and you'll have access...

I have the ASA 2017 ATP Study Guide (this one includes ATP and dispatchers because a lot of the material is the same). It includes a question bank you can load on to your computer. They also have an app that cost 10 bucks.

In addition, I bought King's Schools ATP Course. Its all online. This is totally not necessary, but this program is video lectures and demostrations by Mr. and Mrs. King (who have been teaching for decades). I've found its nice to have a visual of some of the concepts, especially about aircraft performance and aerodynamics. If you have some flying experience you probably might not need this, but its a nice to have. (I also bought it so my dad could use it from time to time; he's a current ATP Airline Pilot).

EDIT: I wanted to say that I'm over studying. You probably don't HAVE TO study all of this really hard like I am, but I figured that the more that I at least become familiar with now the better I can actually learn it in class, then I can focus more on learning a few dispatch specific new things, rather than a crap ton of everything.

Last edited:
I have the ASA 2017 ATP Study Guide (this one includes ATP and dispatchers because a lot of the material is the same). It includes a question bank you can load on to your computer. They also have an app that cost 10 bucks.

In addition, I bought King's Schools ATP Course. Its all online. This is totally not necessary, but this program is video lectures and demostrations by Mr. and Mrs. King (who have been teaching for decades). I've found its nice to have a visual of some of the concepts, especially about aircraft performance and aerodynamics. If you have some flying experience you probably might not need this, but its a nice to have. (I also bought it so my dad could use it from time to time; he's a current ATP Airline Pilot).

EDIT: I wanted to say that I'm over studying. You probably don't HAVE TO study all of this really hard like I am, but I figured that the more that I at least become familiar with now the better I can actually learn it in class, then I can focus more on learning a few dispatch specific new things, rather than a crap ton of everything.

So you're also taking the ADX Knowledge test before the class, or did you do it while enrolled?

Thanks for the help, btw!

So you're also taking the ADX Knowledge test before the class, or did you do it while enrolled?

Thanks for the help, btw!

I haven't started my classes yet. Because of my current job, I have to wait until after the holidays.

IFOD (the dispatch school I'm going to attend) said they'd let me test after a couple weeks in their program, but really depends on if they/I feel I'm ready to take it.

You CAN take it before, but they advise students to wait a couple weeks

I haven't started my classes yet. Because of my current job, I have to wait until after the holidays.

IFOD (the dispatch school I'm going to attend) said they'd let me test after a couple weeks in their program, but really depends on if they/I feel I'm ready to take it.

You CAN take it before, but they advise students to wait a couple weeks

Ah ok. I'm going to be doing it remotely at Shefflield (also because I work), and was advised to try to knock out the ADX Knowledge test in advance if possible, so i've been studying all from scratch. Thanks for the input, hope the studying's been going well.

Ah ok. I'm going to be doing it remotely at Shefflield (also because I work), and was advised to try to knock out the ADX Knowledge test in advance if possible, so i've been studying all from scratch. Thanks for the input, hope the studying's been going well.

Good luck! Keep us updated on progress! I look at Sheffield as well but decided it was kinda dumb to pick that one when IFOD is literally 15 minutes away from where I live. That should be a good program though.

OP, welcome. I attended Sheffield and used their ADX study materials (the pdfs/app) as well. I have also heard good things from Sheppard and Gleim. TBH, with a small bit of aviation education prior I was able to seriously hammer out some studying the night before the test. Granted.. I would not recommend this lol.

If you're serious at all and are thinking about this is a career, I don't see how one can't use some time management and knock it out before going to class; just less you have to worry about. Cheers

I used a software to study for the ADX before I went to Sheffield last year. Like prior people have said, quiz quiz quiz until you get about a 75-80 then go take it. After that it's all smooth sailing.

Awesome! Yeah, I've just been using the ADX app to become familiar with the answers and concepts (weather has been the most alien part to me), and started quizzing. All your help and feedback is appreciated. Also, super happy I found this forum... lots of great info for someone just stepping into this field.

Hello all... I found this on the Gleim website... https://www.gleimaviation.com/shop/faatpatp/
Is this the online test prep you are referring to, and did you find it to be adequate... assuming you have now finished the test?

Robert

Hello all... I found this on the Gleim website... https://www.gleimaviation.com/shop/faatpatp/
Is this the online test prep you are referring to, and did you find it to be adequate... assuming you have now finished the test?

Robert
I tested 5 years ago so I'm sure it's changed but that looks like the newer updated version. I did multiple practice tests ever day and had most of the answers memorized by the time I was done just from repitition. I found it helpful that they offered the practice tests in the same format as the school I tested at.

Back