Address on Certificate

Murdoughnut

Well sized member
Though I notified the FAA electronically of my current address when I moved, and confirmed it shows up, my certificate still shows my address from two houses ago. Is that a problem when I go to do my next checkride?

Though I notified the FAA electronically of my current address when I moved, and confirmed it shows up, my certificate still shows my address from two houses ago. Is that a problem when I go to do my next checkride?
No. They don’t issue new cert for an address change. When you pass the new checkride your new cert should reflect the current address.

I think you can opt to get a new certificate with your new address on it if you change your address on the FAA website. I think it's optional though, and not necessary to get the new cert and it may even be for a small fee. The main thing is the notification.

Making the notification is the biggest part, if you'd like a new certificate that reflects the change it'll run you about $2.

If you get a new medical it updates the address within 24hr. Otherwise make sure you update the address on iacra also.

I’ve had line checks where the fed asks why my medical and card have different addresses.

Back