Additional Geographic Preferences

moulds80

Has anyone ever had success entering in additional states which they would be available to work in, in the “comments” section of the Geographic Preference form in addition to the two states your are required to choose? I am available for more than two states and stated that in the comments hoping it will improve my chances of being selected for an interview, but I wonder how much weight the comments section is given by the referral panel.

I was also wandering this same question, because i don't want to go just anywhere, but i would be perfectly happy with about ten to twelve states.

I stated that I would be willing to work whatever was first available in the comments section but I won't know if that'll work till the referral list comes out...

Has anyone ever had success entering in additional states which they would be available to work in, in the “comments” section of the Geographic Preference form in addition to the two states your are required to choose? I am available for more than two states and stated that in the comments hoping it will improve my chances of being selected for an interview, but I wonder how much weight the comments section is given by the referral panel.

It specifically states that the comment section is not to be used for additional states. The comment section should be used to specify counties in larger states.

While it does "state" that the comments box can be used to identify counties in larger states where you are willing to work, it does not say that you can not declare additional states in the comments box.

While it does "state" that the comments box can be used to identify counties in larger states where you are willing to work, it does not say that you can not declare additional states in the comments box.

That's odd, because when I filled it out that is what it said. I remember this b/c there are about 12 states that I would relocate to but I did not have the option to list all 12.

That's odd, because when I filled it out that is what it said. I remember this b/c there are about 12 states that I would relocate to but I did not have the option to list all 12.

It just says to use the box to provide counties in the larger states. Since it's a way to get information across, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to list any additional states in there...

I just filled out my geographic preferences yesterday and gave close attention to all of the directions so not to make a mistake like that, so I am certain that while it says that the comment box can be used to list counties in the sates which you selected, it does not say that listing additional states in not allowed, it gives no mention anything about listing additional states one way or another.

I just filled out my geographic preferences yesterday and gave close attention to all of the directions so not to make a mistake like that, so I am certain that while it says that the comment box can be used to list counties in the sates which you selected, it does not say that listing additional states in not allowed, it gives no mention anything about listing additional states one way or another.

hmmm...ok...I read it somewhere...oh well I got the facility I wanted...ZFW here I come...its just a short bike ride over:rawk:

hmmm...ok...I read it somewhere...oh well I got the facility I wanted...ZFW here I come...its just a short bike ride over:rawk:

I remember someone saying that any additional states listed in the comment section wouldn't be considered, but who knows how true it was...

Congrats on getting what you wanted :nana2:

I remember someone saying that any additional states listed in the comment section wouldn't be considered, but who knows how true it was...

Congrats on getting what you wanted :nana2:

You know...now that I think about it, that is probably where I got the idea from.

Back