Adderall...

Spike511

Hi guys, new to the forum, but browsing for awhile.

So, for the first post, quick question, if you don't mind, sir.

I've wanted to be a pilot for a long time...since I was like...12. I am now 16, and entering my junior year in high school. I was browsing your forum looking for maximum weights for fighter pilots, when I came across some disturbing information.

I used to take Adderall. Apparently that is a disqualifier. However, I stopped when I was 10, and I have been off it for six or so years.

So, if I have been off Adderall for six years, do I still qualify to recieve my medical?

--
Thanks,
Eric.

From what I recall I think you should be fine. But I've been wrong before.
Just dont ever take aderall again. Among the worst things you can put in your body.

So it would appear I found somewhere on the internet...I think it was About.com, that as long as I was clear for one-three years with no side effects and took either Ridilin, Adderall, or some drug that starts with a "D", I was fine. At least for the military side of things.

Feel free to add if you would like. I could have just hit a dud source of information.

--
Thanks,
Eric.

I think Dr. Forred is working the trauma center this evening, I'll betchhya he'll have an answer for you in the morning.

I'm sure I speak for many when i say that the good Dr is seriously the resident 'The MAN' at jc! Thanks for all your work.

You're in the same boat as me... except I've been off of medication even longer (Stopped at 10, I'm 23 now). So short answer is no, you're going to do have do all the testing. :(

As far as the FAA goes, you will have to report the Adderall and supply copies of medical records for their review. If you no longer need it, they will probably grant a medical with nothing more. They may ask for some psychological testing but being off that long I doubt it.

I do not know what the current military regulations are regarding this. It seems to change every few years.

As far as the FAA goes, you will have to report the Adderall and supply copies of medical records for their review. If you no longer need it, they will probably grant a medical with nothing more. They may ask for some psychological testing but being off that long I doubt it.

I do not know what the current military regulations are regarding this. It seems to change every few years.

Thank you very much! That just made my day.

As for the military, I checked, it appears im fine for that too.

--
Eric

Back