Add-on Rating

SpinAware

I have query.

A student has Private (Single Engine) + IR.
He has fulfilled almost all requirement for Commercial (Single Engine).

Now, for his Commercial (SE) add-on checkride, does he needs to perform only the Commercial maneuvers only?

OR, does he requires to perform an instrument approach with Commercial maneuvers?

Look through the ACS, that spells out everything on the practical. No approaches, holds, etc on my SE or ME commercial rides.

I’m not saying it won’t happen because it’s up to the examiner, but I don’t think the ACS lists any instrument procedures on the Commercial ride.

I have query.

Now, for his Commercial (SE) add-on checkride, does he needs to perform only the Commercial maneuvers only?

OR, does he requires to perform an instrument approach with Commercial maneuvers?
The student would not be applying for an add-on rating, he would by applying for a first issuance of a commercial grade certificate. The examiner would be obligated to evaulate all required sections of the ACS. You can exclude any tasks that are marked AMEL, ASES, or AMES if the student is testing using a single-engine land airplane. Looking at the ACS I don't see any instrument maneuvers for an ASEL applicant.

Agreed with @DV8Pilot - this is an initial commercial certificate. The full ACS applies and there is no instrument rating/requirement involved here.

If the student does not possess an instrument rating, then there will be some limitations on their Commercial privileges.

The student would not be applying for an add-on rating, he would by applying for a first issuance of a commercial grade certificate. The examiner would be obligated to evaulate all required sections of the ACS. You can exclude any tasks that are marked AMEL, ASES, or AMES if the student is testing using a single-engine land airplane. Looking at the ACS I don't see any instrument maneuvers for an ASEL applicant.
This.

Most important part is understanding the distinction between "certificate" and "rating." I hear people refer to a "commercial rating" often. Thus is the type of error it leads to. "Certificate," "rating," and "endorsement" mean very different things,

I have query.

His instrument rating carries over to his commercial certificate.

The only instrument task in the commercial ACS is when a pilot has an private ASEL with instrument rating and applies for a commercial certificate with a multi rating. It's just to make sure the pilot can perform the only instrument task which is different in a multi than in a single.

People frequently mis-interpret the PTS. Doing a Multi Sea addon with Multi Land and Single Sea technically you only need:

Pre-flight, Taxi, T/O and Landing (Normal).

They also asked for a Single Engine Approach and Landing.

I didn't mind but still, not needed according to the ratings held table.

People frequently mis-interpret the PTS. Doing a Multi Sea addon with Multi Land and Single Sea technically you only need:

Pre-flight, Taxi, T/O and Landing (Normal).

They also asked for a Single Engine Approach and Landing.

I didn't mind but still, not needed according to the ratings held table.
Curious. Side track from this discussion thread.

Any idea where can I find dirt-plus-rock cheap (Single Engine) seaplane rental for time building?

Winter Haven, FL. Long time ago.

I appreciate if you can kindly share info/recommendation with me instead of asking me question. :)

We’d appreciate a little goddamned humility when people are trying to help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back