Active N Fit changing it up, not good.

JDean3204

In an email today, A&F has made it be known that they will no longer allow multiple gyms in the flat rate plan. You now have a choice of one gym, then the rest are at a 5% discount local rates. For a line pilot that has used this perk for years now, I’m really bummed. I’ve been able to find a decent gym and it was covered at the majority of my layovers, allowing me to get a better workout and focusing on fitness. Guess I’ll have to choose between that crappy treadmill or bike and figure out how to get a work out in the hotels again. What a bummer, but lines up with current society. Prices go up, services go down and you’ll shut up and like it because it’s the way it is now.

In an email today, A&F has made it be known that they will no longer allow multiple gyms in the flat rate plan. You now have a choice of one gym, then the rest are at a 5% discount local rates. For a line pilot that has used this perk for years now, I’m really bummed. I’ve been able to find a decent gym and it was covered at the majority of my layovers, allowing me to get a better workout and focusing on fitness. Guess I’ll have to choose between that crappy treadmill or bike and figure out how to get a work out in the hotels again. What a bummer, but lines up with current society. Prices go up, services go down and you’ll shut up and like it because it’s the way it is now.

No doubt.

The concept feels like the now defunct "MoviePass" -- starts out as a great value but in the end, the techbros realize they need to make a profit because no one bought-out their business.

I got my A&F membership going about 3 months ago. At the time, I had a question about how this worked, because the way their website is set up, it says that you pay PER GYM. Which made sense to me, and I was surprised to learn that it was, indeed, a flat rate for *multiple* gyms. That seemed too good to be true, to me, so one of the things that has been on my to-do list was to add a couple more gyms once I had a line and was flying more.

Guess I won't have to do that now.

@JDean3204 - when did you get that email? I haven't seen it yet.

I have a membership at Vasa, not A&F, like the two other big gyms here Planet Fitness and Eos. It's $9.99 a month for one gym. $20 for all gyms in the city. Are there any gyms with terms like that around any parts that you guys live?

I got my A&F membership going about 3 months ago. At the time, I had a question about how this worked, because the way their website is set up, it says that you pay PER GYM. Which made sense to me, and I was surprised to learn that it was, indeed, a flat rate for *multiple* gyms. That seemed too good to be true, to me, so one of the things that has been on my to-do list was to add a couple more gyms once I had a line and was flying more.

Guess I won't have to do that now.

@JDean3204 - when did you get that email? I haven't seen it yet.

I got the email in my company inbox yesterday morning. I use my airlines email as the enrollment email so that’s where they send updates.

It was a too good to be true perk tbh, there was even a handful of local gyms that participated, those gyms offered all sorts of classes. Now, I’ll just keep enrolled in the 24hr fitness gym and hopefully that will still allow access to any of the 24hr fitnesses.

Back