ACPP Prerequisites

reaperman

First Class Medical Certificate:
Does it have to be less than six months old when you start the program?
Does it have to be renewed if the six months passes during the program?

If you want it to retain the first class status:

Yes, and
Yes

Otherwise, it drops down to 2nd class after 6 months.

The Turk.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
If you want it to retain the first class status:

Yes, and
Yes

Otherwise, it drops down to 2nd class after 6 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe...he's just trying to be helpful. I do know what you are talking about though, and I was looking into the same thing with Flight Safety. It seems they are more interested in whether you can get a 1st class. Maintaining it by getting a physical every 6 months at any school would make no sense whatsoever. Also, I think you answered your own question number one. If you are applying to a school with a First class medical certificate in its 7th month, it isn't a first class anymore.

If you are applying to a school with a First class medical certificate in its 7th month, it isn't a first class anymore.

[/ QUOTE ] Well, yes it is. It just isn't valid for "operations requiring an airline transport pilot certificate" after six months. But it's still a first class certificate. The question of what the school's requirement is, remains .

You hold a valid First Class Medical Certificate, whether it is two days or two years old, right? So, if you hold one, you hold one!

The school is satisfied; it is another tacit limitation on the student. You won't be exercising the Class I priveleges until you are operating as a Captain with an ATP Cert, but they are going to treat you as though you are 100% left-seat bound.

There really is only one super-firm requirement the school has: absolutely NO foreign students. US citizens only, no exceptions.

Make sure that you haven't exceeded the Class II limitation during the course, though. You'll be picking up your CFI tickets.

Where are you planning on attending? I just finished the program today.

Flight instructors are exempt from the class II limitation - they are allowed to hold a class III. And, if they aren't acting as PIC, they technically do not need a medical. Just FYI, so you don't have to get a physical every year...

Your Class 1 medical does not need to be current to attend the ACP program, nor do you need to renew it if it 'expires' while attending the program.
ATP wants to see that you can eventually end up in that left seat, that's why they have the requirement.
All they want to see is that you can get it.

There really is only one super-firm requirement the school has: absolutely NO foreign students. US citizens only, no exceptions.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nobody remind them of this then, as I'm not a US citizen and I went through the program and I'm now working for them as an instructor..;)

Cheers,
Helge

You were already in the office when I did the Citation ride with Derrick- and he mentioned that ATP doesn't take foreign inquiries, period. Too much hassle.

You're just a smooth Nordic criminal, Helge.

Harold says, "Hello."

I lucked into a nice job here in Dallas, instructing on brand new Warrior IIIs (2002s with dual 430s), an Arrow, and a tricked out Seneca. There is another Seneca and a pair of Seminoles on order, and the 135 op application is almost finished. We also have the 4-screen AST300... ahh, the sim- let me count the ways *retch*. But it's nice.

I was hired by an ACP grad, and right now we have 70 students among about 7 instructors. I'd love to build that Seminole time with ATP, but I also want to stay here. The pay is fantastic, too. It became a no-brainer.

/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

and he mentioned that ATP doesn't take foreign inquiries

[/ QUOTE ]
Note there's a difference between saying 'foreign inquiries' and 'US citizens only'.

ATP has never been keen on accomodating foreign inquiries. They've never delt with Visas, for instance, nor foreign financial institutions. However, if a foreign student has fixed everything themselves, then come here, with the money, ATP has, in the past, not turned them away.
Perhaps that has changed, but again, double check with the main office before you take 'US citizens only' literally. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Cheers,
Helge

Back