ACMI carrier updates?

They are concerned about turnover. Lots of people leave with the type in the first few months.
Why? Turnovers are delicious. Kidding aside, I’ve got a bunch of former KS friends who went over there and I hope it works out for Atlas. I always enjoyed watching the Whales land in ANC.

Why? Turnovers are delicious. Kidding aside, I’ve got a bunch of former KS friends who went over there and I hope it works out for Atlas. I always enjoyed watching the Whales land in ANC.

Why do people leave? To go to a 'real' airline. It's a stop for people returning from expat flying or the military, to show recent US civilian training to prospective employers. It's also a calculated gamble for longer term Regional Captains that aren't getting interviews with the legacies, which seems to work for many.

Also Cherry>Apple.

A lot of these places have had to change their plans so rapidly that they don't even know the answer to that question. The last few months have officially moved the needle from "warning signs, but cautious optimism" to "global economic s**tshow." ACMI is historically a hard-hit sector in the early stages of a recession, and we should expect to see that going into 2020. I know K4 and Atlas/Southern are parking airplanes. I honestly believe that the reason you don't hear about ACMIs furloughing already is due to massive attrition to passenger carriers.

APC's airline statistics are peer-updated, and usually lag behind the actual state of affairs. The "hiring now" status is not still there out of spite. If you have other opportunities available to you, they will most likely be quicker to respond. Best case in the short term, ACMIs will hire at a trickle to cover attrition. Worst case, one or several ACMI carriers will fail, and over a thousand more pilots will be competing with you for all the other jobs you need to be looking at right now.

It's odd more folks don't recognize this.

But, hey! Most everyone likes an optimist.

Why do people leave? To go to a 'real' airline. It's a stop for people returning from expat flying or the military, to show recent US civilian training to prospective employers. It's also a calculated gamble for longer term Regional Captains that aren't getting interviews with the legacies, which seems to work for many.
I see my turnover joke went over your head.
25E87367-8710-41B3-94EC-74F4D46F5E8A.jpeg

Did you have any internal rec? I've applied multiple times to ATI but always get the "thanks for your interest but we've decided to pursue candidates with qualifications closer to what we're looking for" or whatever they say ... I have 7500 total hours.. 1500 part 121 PIC... only box I can't check is a 757/67 type rating... but I know no-one there to walk my résumé in .. do job fairs help if they're actually attending one ?

Did you tell them you were willing to cross a picket like?

First post in quite a long time, but, I'll just say this:

Do not come to Atlas without 1000 TPIC. I repeat: Do not come to Atlas without 1000 TPIC. You may wind up stuck in the right seat for a long time; expansion has stopped due to attrition and retirements, and the fact that the Company can't get more than a handful of people into a new-hire class these days.

I still rather enjoy going to work, and I don't foresee that changing anytime soon, but I was lucky to have had a fairly fast (4.5 year) upgrade. This management team, however, is stuck in the Lorenzo era, and none of us are sure where that'll take us. We all thought they'd blink before they'd hurt the Company, but here we are, 60% off the stock's highs. It's a tenuous time, and I wouldn't advise coming here from a regional if you don't have the TPIC (or are otherwise marketable) already.

Do not come to Atlas without 1000 TPIC. I repeat: Do not come to Atlas without 1000 TPIC. You may wind up stuck in the right seat for a long time; expansion has stopped due to attrition and retirements, and the fact that the Company can't get more than a handful of people into a new-hire class these days.

I still rather enjoy going to work, and I don't foresee that changing anytime soon, but I was lucky to have had a fairly fast (4.5 year) upgrade. This management team, however, is stuck in the Lorenzo era, and none of us are sure where that'll take us. We all thought they'd blink before they'd hurt the Company, but here we are, 60% off the stock's highs. It's a tenuous time, and I wouldn't advise coming here from a regional if you don't have the TPIC (or are otherwise marketable) already.

I miss you

A lot of these places have had to change their plans so rapidly that they don't even know the answer to that question. The last few months have officially moved the needle from "warning signs, but cautious optimism" to "global economic s**tshow." ACMI is historically a hard-hit sector in the early stages of a recession, and we should expect to see that going into 2020. I know K4 and Atlas/Southern are parking airplanes. I honestly believe that the reason you don't hear about ACMIs furloughing already is due to massive attrition to passenger carriers.

APC's airline statistics are peer-updated, and usually lag behind the actual state of affairs. The "hiring now" status is not still there out of spite. If you have other opportunities available to you, they will most likely be quicker to respond. Best case in the short term, ACMIs will hire at a trickle to cover attrition. Worst case, one or several ACMI carriers will fail, and over a thousand more pilots will be competing with you for all the other jobs you need to be looking at right now.

Hopefully if/when this coronavirus business blows over, the China flying will pick up again. And hopefully ACT's spotty record will bear out the results we all expect and we'll get that Turkish contract back. Not that the flying was that great, but I loved Istanbul and it was good business for the company.

Makes sense... sorta. I mean, let's assume one has the required time, or even more than the required time. If it's as bad as you say, why would someone who has options want to come to work there?

Makes sense... sorta. I mean, let's assume one has the required time, or even more than the required time. If it's as bad as you say, why would someone who has options want to come to work there?

Some folks come here for some heavy international time prior to moving on, just to differentiate themselves from the stack.

Back