Accepting PEPC

Mine do not say that; I just reviewed them.

"You will be provided an opportunity to identify which locations you are interested in working at a later date. POSITIONS ARE LOCATED throughout the Nation, in Puerto Rico, in Guam, and also in the Virgin Islands."

To me, that means, "We have positions available everywhere", not, "Start packing for Guam".

Also, Robert, where do you work, if you don't mind me asking? Everything you post is so vehemently negative and not helpful.

Your application says the same thing that mine said, but without the ()'s. I thought that you, being a 'scientist or whatever,' would have figured that out when you read it. Evidently, I was wrong to assume that you would think to read the emphasis that I was adding...

You really don't like thinking correctly about this and comfort people who don't understand why they didn't get picked up when they listed one state and one facility in that state to work. Example: Boise, Idaho. If you select one state and one facility in that state, you may never get picked up. If you aren't concerned with this fact, then awesome. Don't get on here and complain and wonder why you didn't get a PEPC invite though, especially if your desired facility is overstaffed.

If someone doesn't want the offered facility, then decline it and move on. You may never get your 'preferred facility.' You have to make sacrifices in life and if you aren't willing to make some, then this may not be the job for you. You may want ORD or ATL, but it is not going to happen if you are an OTS applicant!

Please stop 'comforting' these people...

I am really curious as to what I have said that is 'vehemently negative' and 'not helpful...'

P.S. Word on another forum goes that if you have an interview for an en-route position, pass it, then turn down the position, you will have a much higher chance of being selected again, and won't need to be re-interviewed for either an en-route OR terminal position.

However, if you interview for a terminal position, it's only good for terminal, so if you want a center, you'd be completely wasting your time...

Hope this helps.

Yikes!! ANOTHER obscure little tactic. May I ask which forum you were refering to? Nothing like another avenue to whine and stress on. That move sounds interesting, but risky for an old 29 and half year old geeeezer OTS applicant like me. I turn down ZLA, WHY would they want give me a shot at a tower in LA instead? I'm not refuting the validity of your statement at all, this is really my secret cry for more "comforting" as Robert calls it. :crazy:

So what you are saying is.... You the applicant should tell the FAA where they should offer you a job after they already offer you a job. Makes perfect sense.:sarcasm: Last time I checked, even Best Buy tells you where in their store they want you to work. You accept the job or you don't. Same with the FAA. If you don't like it...take a hike. It's simple....accepting a job and trying to get out of it once you are at your Pepc is deceitful. You have your opportunity now to decline it. Every Pepc email you received asks you if you are still interested in this position.

And as far as the comment "When your future's involved, you'd be surprised how quickly things change". Shouldn't you have been thinking about your future and where you could end up when you applied...or put in Preferences (and they are just that). There was a time that the FAA told you where you were going after you completed the academy.. Consider your self lucky... now you don't have to waste anyones time including yourself because you can decline now.:laff:

I have spoken. Straight Talk Express.:bandit:

So true. You should all be lucky that you even get any say of where you are going. It wasn't long ago that they told you where you were going. But now, just like this generation, you think you should have a say, and they should bow to your wants..the FFAA puts you where they NEED you, not where you WANT to be. Take the job or get out of the way for someone who would be willing to go ANYWHERE.

Your application says the same thing that mine said, but without the ()'s. I thought that you, being a 'scientist or whatever,' would have figured that out when you read it. Evidently, I was wrong to assume that you would think to read the emphasis that I was adding...

Mine does not say that, like I wrote earlier. Would you like a screenshot?

Maybe one of my fellow PUBNAT3ers can paste it as well, if my words are dubious.

Please stop 'comforting' these people...
No. And also, no.

I'm not setting out to comfort anyone. I'm telling it how it is, and not through hearsay from the forums (unless I specifically say so), but through conversations I've had with HR reps, NATCA reps., and other FAA officials along the way.

If what I have to say can help someone, then I will be glad. If not, I lost nothing but the five seconds it took to write it.

People need to know how bureaucratic the process is.

I am really curious as to what I have said that is 'vehemently negative' and 'not helpful...'

You're just condescending in a blatantly uncreative way -- to everyone. And you're not always correct! Just an observation; carry on.

Also, I think you are ATLTracon on another ID. Don't you have a football game to watch?

So true. You should all be lucky that you even get any say of where you are going. It wasn't long ago that they told you where you were going. But now, just like this generation, you think you should have a say, and they should bow to your wants..the FFAA puts you where they NEED you, not where you WANT to be. Take the job or get out of the way for someone who would be willing to go ANYWHERE.

LOL, what facility was your spawn assigned to?

Oh, right, Georgia -- where she lived before...

What a tedious move!

Mine does not say that, like I wrote earlier. Would you like a screenshot? Absolutely, lets see that screenshot of the entire application that you applied to for PUBAT3. It says what I wrote on PUBAT1, PUBAT2, and I'm sure it continues to say it all the way to PUBAT6 or 7.

Maybe one of my fellow PUBNAT3ers can paste it as well, if my words are dubious.

No. And also, no.

I'm not setting out to comfort anyone. I'm telling it how it is, and not through hearsay from the forums (unless I specifically say so), but through conversations I've had with HR reps, NATCA reps., and other FAA officials along the way. What hearsay have I posted? I have posted the truth over, and over, and over again.

If what I have to say can help someone, then I will be glad. If not, I lost nothing but the five seconds it took to write it.

People need to know how bureaucratic the process is.

You're just condescending in a blatantly uncreative way -- to everyone. And you're not always correct! Just an observation; carry on. When have I not been correct? Please tell me with specific examples...

Also, I think you are ATLTracon on another ID. Don't you have a football game to watch? I am most definitely not ATLTRACON. I have no desire to work at a TRACON, especially A80, right now. The Falcons are off today. I am hear to listen to your bull and to 'see examples' of how I have been incorrect when posting on this forum... I will be waiting for quite some time...

Yikes!! ANOTHER obscure little tactic. May I ask which forum you were refering to? Nothing like another avenue to whine and stress on. That move sounds interesting, but risky for an old 29 and half year old geeeezer OTS applicant like me. I turn down ZLA, WHY would they want give me a shot at a tower in LA instead? I'm not refuting the validity of your statement at all, this is really my secret cry for more "comforting" as Robert calls it. :crazy:

Your best bet is to take the job at ZLA to get your foot in the door, gain experience, gain seniority, etc. and then 'bid' for another facility that you really want.

Don't put your future career in jeopardy because of some 'hearsay' by Ammolite based on 'advice' from a forum poster because you have a SLIM chance of getting a tower position in LA if you turn down a center position in the same area.

What a tedious move!

Any time you move from your current residence to another residence, it can be considered 'tedious.'

Based on your logic, moving from Atlanta to Raleigh is more 'tedious' than moving Atlanta to Savannah... Since one is still Georgia and the other is a different state, even though they are the same distance from the start point... Hmmmm...

Ammolite, you are a PUBNAT3 applicant. no one cares what you have to say, and you are seriously annoying. go back to the pubnat3 thread where people might actually give a crap about anything you have to say. your worthless to the pubnat2ers here

I'm not going to call you a jerk because I agree with everything you say..:yup:

Alright folks, this thread's already generated warnings for two of our members.

Remember, you're considered guests in my living room and please act appropriately.

What a tedious move!

And that has to do with...what? My point is, you are telling your employer, just like a spoiled NFL rookie, where you will "play", regardless of who "drafts" you. You should be thankful that you are getting the job. There are PLENTY behind you that will go anywhere.

And yes, she did stay in Georgia, but was willing to relocate ANYWHERE. WE had this discussion long before she even took the AT-SAT.

Also, I think you are ATLTracon on another ID. Don't you have a football game to watch?

It is against the rules to have more than one ID on JetCareers. If you are caught, as Doug would say in the Moderators only section, No Soup for you..and you..and you.

Besides I have absolutely no reason to hide behind another name. I am quite comfortable to stand by ANYTHING I have ever said under this ID.

Oh..BTW. I'm from the Boston area and the Patriots are the only team I'll watch.

What a tedious move!

I'd like to thank you personally for congratulating my dad on getting me picked up in Georgia as it is all based on his performance rather than mine, if you've read any past posts people on this forum have attributed my AT-SAT score (100), my job location (which I will get to in a minute for all you whiners), my CTI school performance, my ability to interview well at my PEPC, and all other aviation related experience to him. I'm 20 years old I started college at 15 I'm more than capable of getting something I want done on my own and I don't need my daddy to do it for me.

I got selected for Georgia because there is a need for controllers there (dumb a**). The FAA sends you where you are NEEDED not where you want. If I had gone where I wanted I'd be training for En Route in OKC rather than terminal. The evidence that your preferences mean NOTHING is that I originally was selected for SAV not a month after signing my TOL for that location I was moved by the FAA to CSG (Columbus, GA) I dealt with that and 5 days before my OKC date they put me at AGS (Augusta, GA) for my FOL. There was no way in hell I wanted to go to AGS, but I took it because I know that getting my foot in the door is the most important thing. The bottom line is the FAA DOESN"T CARE!!! Stop whining about your locations, suck it up, if you want the job bad enough you'll take anything.

PS My facility is 3 hours from where I formally lived not exactly commuting distance. :panic:

Alright folks, this thread's already generated warnings for two of our members.

Remember, you're considered guests in my living room and please act appropriately.

The man has spoken! But anyway I agree with the advice of everyone that mentions declining and moving on. This is a government job, think of it as being in the armed services, do you get to pick if you're part of a regiment that gets deployed or not? No, that's why they tell you specifically that you may not be considered for one of your preferences. If you're young and have time before you turn 31, decline it if you don't want it, and apply again, you already have peace of mind knowing that you have what it takes according to the FAA to qualify for the position. It takes patience if you're not willing to accept what they offer you at first.

Oh..BTW. I'm from the Boston area and the Patriots are the only team I'll watch.

Hell yea. We need a big win tonight or I'm officially not watching another game. Cassel is awful.
I feel bad knowing that I have to go anywhere near Arrowhead Stadium, btw.

The man has spoken! But anyway I agree with the advice of everyone that mentions declining and moving on. This is a government job, think of it as being in the armed services, do you get to pick if you're part of a regiment that gets deployed or not? No, that's why they tell you specifically that you may not be considered for one of your preferences. If you're young and have time before you turn 31, decline it if you don't want it, and apply again, you already have peace of mind knowing that you have what it takes according to the FAA to qualify for the position. It takes patience if you're not willing to accept what they offer you at first.

'Tis true.

I miss Seven

OP here,

Just to give an update, I rejected the PEPC offer. I will be waiting for PubNat4 and hopefully having better luck.

It would have been different if I was willing to go to the facility offered and just wanted to go somewhere else more. But the fact that I absolutely didn't want this facility made up my mind to reject and not waste anyone's time.

Thanks for the help.

OP here,

Just to give an update, I rejected the PEPC offer. I will be waiting for PubNat4 and hopefully having better luck.

It would have been different if I was willing to go to the facility offered and just wanted to go somewhere else more. But the fact that I absolutely didn't want this facility made up my mind to reject and not waste anyone's time.

Thanks for the help.

I think you made the right decision. Good luck on your next announcement!

I think you made the right decision. Good luck on your next announcement!

I think that people should get in touch with the FAA, whatever means possible, to work through this.

It's never a one-size-fits-all mentality and by discouraging him now he has to wait when in reality, all he had to do was ask. What's the harm in asking. I'm not asking for an argument but I think people saying "you're working for them, not the other way around" are either trying to get their own name in there and wish they were picked OR don't really know what's up.

The FAA seems a bit tricky, but reasonable. If we've made it this far and passed these tests, I have a feeling if something is available someplace else, why not work it out?

Positive attitudes. No ill-will. Encouragement. Where are these things? I know this post is a few days old and recent revelations have shown that people have been able to switch and the moods have switched up a bit. I just had to rant on this thing because I feel he shouldn't have turned it down, and I'm glad I didn't.

Good luck on the next PUBNAT to those who rejected the offer.

<bows and steps off his box, disappearing into the background>

Back