ACCEPTED!!!!!

vipermcg

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that I recieved my acceptance letter yesterday for the Aviation Managment Program. I was very surprised since it only took about 2 weeks from the time I sent in my application, to the time I got a response.
I know it's early, but I would appreciate some help about which dorm you guys think that I should choose as my first choice. Good luck to anyone else who is applying!

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would choose from either McCutcheon or Harrison (those two are the closest to the airport). Just try to stay away from Cary... Roswell (Mike) can explain why.

Again, congradulations man! You must be uber excited. Welcome to Boilermaker-land!

I understand that McCutcheon and Harrison are the closest to the airport, but aside from that, which dorms (preferably co-ed) are the nicest to live in? I'm only asking this because I may not start flight training untill my sophomore year.

[ QUOTE ]
I understand that McCutcheon and Harrison are the closest to the airport, but aside from that, which dorms (preferably co-ed) are the nicest to live in? I'm only asking this because I may not start flight training untill my sophomore year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh... tough decision. Besides relative location, there really isn't much difference between Shreve, Harrison, and McCutcheon. The rooms are all the same.

It's up to you which one to pick. I'm sorry I can't be much more helpful than that. Just try to stay away from Cary -- the rooms are kinda smallish and they're currently renovating it so you have that to contend with also.

You may not begin your flight training right away but ALL aviation classes are at the airport so definatley try and get one of the dorms close to the airport. An 'H' dorm is an 'H' dorm is an 'H' dorm - they're all the same. 'Quality of life' doesn't change much between dorms unless you get into Hillenbrand and you won't your first year so cross that one off your list.

Jason

Congrats!!!! You're going to have a great time next year. Remember not to F-bomb any classes senior year though..

As for dorms, I'm in Cary currently. Despite the fact its 1.7 miles from the airport, its definitely OK so far. I love the dorm itself. Best one for freshmen IMO. However, Im just waiting for it to get really cold and snowy. Then I'll have wished I got Harrison or McCutcheon... its pretty nice right now, though.

All in all, I wish I'd have put some of the closer dorms on my list before Cary, which was my #2 choice. The food here is GREAT though, and its a lot of fun. I guess you just have to weigh the pros and cons.

Congrats!

Back