Accelerated Flight crew training

flyallday

I was wondering if anybody had any info On accelerated flight school out in AZ, all the info i can find is well over a year old, just wanted to know if anybody had some updated information

They lost an aircraft and three pilots about a year ago...they went for a checkride and the DE refused to set foot in the aircraft. They took off to head back home (against the DE's advice) and then crashed in a cul-de-sac just off the runway.

Or at least that's what I heard....

I would not advise Accelerated, there are a number of other quality flight schools in AZ. They do offer twin training, but their practices are sketchy. They have 3 people in one plane logging flight time, which is in the grey area of legit. Also I think you walk away with only twin ratings, and in today's market you do need single ratings. I also know they don't put any time into ground training, as instructors are not paid for this.

Oh and yes, they lost a twin last June in Nogales, AZ after the DE advised them not to fly the plane. Many details which I wont go into.

Good luck.
Travis

[ QUOTE ]
They lost an aircraft and three pilots about a year ago...they went for a checkride and the DE refused to set foot in the aircraft. They took off to head back home (against the DE's advice) and then crashed in a cul-de-sac just off the runway.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a mountain runway on the AZ/Mexico border. Nogales, AZ. 1/2 way down the runway they were barely flying when they should of had been climbing out. They raised the gear and was struggeling to fly. They made it down hill into a canyon, looked like they were trying to make a wash but hit a hill next to a house. There were problems with the plane, and it looked like they were going to just get a ride home, but for whatever reason they decided to fly it....possibly from maintenance's decision.

I happened to have my CFI checkride the day after.

I read something about how you could get the multi rating in a weekend from Shebble Aviation in Private Pilot a long time ago. I don't recall the specifics, but you could look them up on the web or on the Private Pilot website.

Back