Academy Packet

Cheezypoof

Well I received my FOL 3 weeks ago in the mail, yet I have not received my OKC packet yet and found this strange, but I have a friend in the same situation. There is mention in the FOL of about 8 forms that need to be filled out and returned to the FAA 14 days prior to starting. I was wondering if those came in the OKC packet or if I just need to find them online and fill them out.

In my FOL the forms that needed to be completed and sent back to OKC were enclosed in both the e-mail and included as hardcopies sent in the mail...

Enclosures:
Optional Form 306, Declaration for Federal Employment
Medical Condition Declaration (Mail as directed on form)
FAA Form 3330-64, Race and Ethnicity Self-Identification
Standard Form 256, Self-Identification of Handicap
FAA Form 3300-9, Record of Family Relationship
Standard Form 144, Statement of Prior Federal Service
Form DOT 2730-2 Employee Information Form
Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
New Hire Survey (Option to complete online)
Unemployment Insurance Benefits

Well thats just swell. Never received a FOL in e-mail format. And the hardcopy FOL came with just the FOL and a form to get my temporary ID.

In my FOL the forms that needed to be completed and sent back to OKC were enclosed in both the e-mail and included as hardcopies sent in the mail...

Enclosures:
Optional Form 306, Declaration for Federal Employment
Medical Condition Declaration (Mail as directed on form)
FAA Form 3330-64, Race and Ethnicity Self-Identification
Standard Form 256, Self-Identification of Handicap
FAA Form 3300-9, Record of Family Relationship
Standard Form 144, Statement of Prior Federal Service
Form DOT 2730-2 Employee Information Form
Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
New Hire Survey (Option to complete online)
Unemployment Insurance Benefits

no one really said what was in the packet....................... is this stuff it? I assumed it was and im leaving tomorrow for the academy. *fingers crossed*

no one really said what was in the packet....................... is this stuff it? I assumed it was and im leaving tomorrow for the academy. *fingers crossed*

Um...you should have called about this about 2 weeks ago. You are probably going to have a lot of tie ups when you get here.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the academy packet which is sent right before heading out to the academy includes information pertaining to booking the airline ticket via AmEx travel, housing, etc and is separate from the FOL (and aforementioned enclosures which are supposed to be completed and sent back to OKC)

Um...you should have called about this about 2 weeks ago. You are probably going to have a lot of tie ups when you get here.

why would i call 2 weeks ago about something i had no idea about? Nothing was ever mentioned but the FOL and my class date.

Its getting overnighted
they really should mention this in a FOL or something, if it wasnt for this forum i wouldnt of had any clue i was missing anything!!

on a side note I'd really appreciate if anybody could forward me the electronic version of the paperwork through e-mail, If I'm understanding correctly the paperwork was sent out through e-mail and hardcopy, I have received neither. If your willing to do this please PM me. Thanks

EDIT: GQ007 helped me out, thank you very much.

on a side note I'd really appreciate if anybody could forward me the electronic version of the paperwork through e-mail, If I'm understanding correctly the paperwork was sent out through e-mail and hardcopy, I have received neither. If your willing to do this please PM me. Thanks

EDIT: GQ007 helped me out, thank you very much.

awww come on!!!! I emailed that stuff to you!

Its getting overnighted
they really should mention this in a FOL or something, if it wasnt for this forum i wouldnt of had any clue i was missing anything!!

Just got told the same thing. The lady that does the travel packets is really backed up but she said expect it by Friday. After waiting I am finally going to the academy in a few days :panic:

Just got told the same thing. The lady that does the travel packets is really backed up but she said expect it by Friday. After waiting I am finally going to the academy in a few days :panic:

They should outsource this step to FedEx-Kinkos... they are you branch office after all.

So much for leaving early in the morning

Yeah same thing for me, I kind of wanted to get there a little early to get settled and look around but now i'm waiting on this special package before I head down. I waited for a while already so whats a few more days.

Yeah same thing for me, I kind of wanted to get there a little early to get settled and look around but now i'm waiting on this special package before I head down. I waited for a while already so whats a few more days.
Im leaving as soon as i get that packet in the morning, ill get there sat and i just want to get my bearings and i start mon

Im leaving as soon as i get that packet in the morning, ill get there sat and i just want to get my bearings and i start mon

Did anyone actually receive their packet on Friday? I never saw it! I guess I'll call on Monday and make arrangements to pick it up. They have really managed to make a mess out of this entire process.

Did anyone actually receive their packet on Friday? I never saw it! I guess I'll call on Monday and make arrangements to pick it up. They have really managed to make a mess out of this entire process.
yeah i got mine thursday

Back