Bernoulli Fan

Controller
If anyone still checks this forum for ATC employment, we got this info today:

As of last week the FAA is planning to start new hire ATC classes at the
Academy circa November 1st. Their plan is to fill the first quarter FY14
classes in from the 900 or so already selected by a previous hiring panel
but not yet employed. They do not plan to convene another hiring panel
until after January 2014.

I took and passed the ATSAT and got well qualified on it. Also my CTI certificate from my college along with my degree was mailed to the FAA is there any chance that I would fall into the 900 chosen category or was there already a long waiting list of people way ahead of me?

I took and passed the ATSAT and got well qualified on it. Also my CTI certificate from my college along with my degree was mailed to the FAA is there any chance that I would fall into the 900 chosen category or was there already a long waiting list of people way ahead of me?

Do you have an FOL or TOL?

There is a long waiting list, made worse by the sequester. Unless you have an offer letter as genot said, this potential November class is probably not yours.

I haven't received a TOL yet so looks like I will be waiting for a year or two. It is honestly sad that the FAA can't get there stuff together as controllers are really needed where I live.

I haven't received a TOL yet so looks like I will be waiting for a year or two. It is honestly sad that the FAA can't get there stuff together as controllers are really needed where I live.

It's true that the FAA has been slow to do the math on controller attrition, but the Federal sequester and other budget nonsense at the Congressional level have had just as much, if not more, of an impact.

Back