AA/US DCA/LGA Cuts

Oh, good thing they will be starting up LGA-TYS service. Now all 6 people, up to 10 on a really good day, that Delta puts into it's RJ will have a choice.

No real surprises. And nobody wins here. Most of these routes will now lose nonstop service and no one else will fly them.

DCA-SAN must not have been lucrative, even though it was the only direct flight offered by between the two cities.

Oh, good thing they will be starting up LGA-TYS service. Now all 6 people, up to 10 on a really good day, that Delta puts into it's RJ will have a choice.

Once upon a time PSA did TYS-LGA and DAY-LGA. The DAY flight was mostly always full. TYS was hit or miss.

9E is moving 900s into LGA.

"With so much movement into NYC, let me recap our plans. In April and May, Endeavor will place additional 5-6 CRJ-900 lines of flight in JFK. These aircraft will move from our extensive Point-to-Point operation. In May, Endeavor will quickly grow LGA, using newly delivered CRJ-900s, with a target level of 20 aircraft. As we conclude this action, Endeavor’s CRJ-900 network will become much more hub-centric, with only 8-10% point-to-point, compared to nearly 40% last year. This concentration of flying will reduce our number of destinations served, providing
better crew logistics, plus limit our exposure in irregular operations as we will be able to crew 90% of flying from the domicile."

Which really kinda sucks. The best part of the flying in JFK was the fact you generally only saw it at the start and the end of the trip. Much less delays to deal with that way.

DCA-SAN must not have been lucrative, even though it was the only direct flight offered by between the two cities.

I think we're going to use the exemption to go to LAX according to company articles. Also CA attorney General was one that tried to halt this merger, payback perhaps? DCA-SAN actually does well.....

well i talked to the ceo yesterday. I asked him the same question...he chuckled a bit then said "I dont know"

At least we know you're telling the truth...that's exactly the answer we get from all of our senior managers.

Back