AA RTO TPA

Problem is, you’d be airborne when that fire indicator activated. Perhaps not in a position to have time to make a landing back at an airfield depending on the severity.

True. But at least you’d get a very quick heads up about it.

Unfortunately for the crew of that DC8, the gear came up and then just started burning everything - unchecked. They received multiple failures manifesting with no common link. Sad. People actually fell from the burnt out fuselage before the inflight breakup that happened upon gear selected down.

Problem is, you’d be airborne when that fire indicator activated. Perhaps not in a position to have time to make a landing back at an airfield depending on the severity.
Well the guppy also won’t let the landing gear retract if the tires are damaged and out of round, though maybe if they totally came off the wheel they wouldn’t hit the pins.

True. But at least you’d get a very quick heads up about it.

Unfortunately for the crew of that DC8, the gear came up and then just started burning everything - unchecked. They received multiple failures manifesting with no common link. Sad. People actually fell from the burnt out fuselage before the inflight breakup that happened upon gear selected down.

Tnat is one of the top scary and tragic accident sequences that I can remember in my time.

“I’ll abort for red light, Eng fire, Eng failure, takeoff config, or if I think it’s not gonna fly…”

Well, how are we defining that last one?

That's why you still get a paycheck, El Jefe.

kenny-were-the-millers.gif

Back