AA recalling 24 pilots in FEB 09

If I was one of the 24 who decided to accept it would be a big deal to me.

When I got my recall letter (from my first furlough) it was a very, very happy day.

Of course it would be, Amber. However, in the grand scheme of things, 24 of 2000 isn't anything to throw a parade (or even start a thread) over.

Of course it would be, Amber. However, in the grand scheme of things, 24 of 2000 isn't anything to throw a parade (or even start a thread) over.

I disagree. With all the bad news (Alaska furloughs, Delta downgrades, ASA furloughs, PCL downgrades, etc), even the slightest bit of good news is refreshing.

I think it is thread-worthy. Parade worthy? Again, it's very meaningful to those getting recalled.

To those still waiting? It's bittersweet, it's nice to see some movement but you wish your number had been included too.

Ever been furloughed? Recalled? Not recalled? BTDT, to all of those....

I would love for every single one of those 2000 to get a letter. That's not going to happen right now, but sending a few letters is better than sending no letters, or sending out more furlough letters. So it's something, even if it's not much.

Back