AA in STL

AA plans on closing the STL hub. That was the rumor floating around before AA decided to outsource my job to the lowest bidder.

I've heard most of the TWA folks have been let go or are on their way out the door.

It seems kinda stupid, in my opinion, to shut it down considering that AA now owns damn near every gate at Lambert and with it being in the center of the country would make a nice staging area.

Yeah, exactly! A major hub in the middle of the country helps alot but ORD already serves that purpose for them.

If, when AA pulls out of there or reduces it, other airlines will move in and add more service. I have heard it may be a new city for Frontier in the near future.

[ QUOTE ]
A major hub in the middle of the country helps alot but ORD already serves that purpose for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

But STL is FAR less congested and I'd imagine gate costs, landing fees, etc. are also far CHEAPER at STL as compared to ORD.

Ozark owned D concorse - and plenty of other gates including a TON at ORD - TWA bought them and got the gates which led to TWA essentially owning every concoruse at STL with the exception of the East terminal (SWA hangs out there, its new) and now AA buys TWA and decides to pull out? Doesn't make too much sense.

When AA first got hold of TWA everyone was saying the small airlines and regionals would move over to MidAmerica (shares a runway with Scott AFB in Belleville, IL - across the river from STL) but there's not a sole there ... three years after the deal went through.

Back