AA DX External Applications

Also applied. Good to know that they haven't seem to have started contacting anyone just yet. I believe I submitted the application on the 5th or 6th.

So here is the latest on what I hear.

12 total. 8 Envoy and 4 non-Envoy in this last set of interviews. Start date Dec 8.

US will hire 15 using the external posting AA put up. They will hire, report to Fort Worth, complete classroom training, then TDY to PIT for OJT. They will then then return from TDY when everyone moves.

Or something entirely different can happen :)

12 total. 8 Envoy and 4 non-Envoy in this last set of interviews. Start date Dec 8.

US will hire 15 using the external posting AA put up. They will hire, report to Fort Worth, complete classroom training, then TDY to PIT for OJT. They will then then return from TDY when everyone moves.

That sounds a bit messy! Lol

Interviews Wednesday I hear, can you confirm?

Also did they external posting say anything about US Air side? Can they just announce that kind of detail during the interviews?

I have heard exactly the same thing with the US side starting class in January. To answer Just Blazes question...even though the workgroups themselves are still separate...it is one company which means that everything related to either side all goes through AA now. The FAs and the Pilots are also doing it this way now. In any event...given the length of training....SOC will happen prior to anyone from either class getting checked off...with a possibility of people being signed off prior to the new IOC opening. How this would work on the US side is still unknown.

I have it on good authority that offers for the Legacy US side will be going out soon. Will be a class of 15 to start in January down in DFW.

Thats good news for those being hired. In about a year since being hired I will have gained close to 50 people underneath me in the future combined seniority list. More next year if the hiring continues.

Thats good news for those being hired. In about a year since being hired I will have gained close to 50 people underneath me in the future combined seniority list. More next year if the hiring continues.

You can get seniority pretty quick...I have been at a major for less than 10 years and I am middle of the pack on our combined seniority list. When you first start it seems like it will take forever but all the hiring going on right now will help everyone - people at majors already (getting more seniority), people at regionals now (getting jobs at majors), and newly licensed people (getting their initial dispatch jobs.)

Back