AA and AE to park planes....

The former AMR CEO (sorry, I forgot his name) was on CNBC today calling for the gov't to enforce larger planes, less frequency, and (surprisingly) more train service between NYC and DC. I can't say I disagree with him, but I am also aware of the consequences to pilots in that scenario. Frequency is great for the traveler, but efficiency is better for the airlines. Guess which one will eventually win.

You sure that was the Former AMR CEO or the Former Continental CEO? I know for sure Gordon Bethune WAS on CNBC yesterday at 4:30.

Perhaps somehow I missed the other airline CEO.

And since that was a condition of sale, that means...

NO ONE WANTS TO BUY IT!

Get it?
:whatever:
What I "get" is your obvious lack of understanding of the word "OFFER."

I repeat - read slowly, okay? : There were two OFFERS (meaning - two entities OFFERED to buy Eagle), but neither wanted to continue being AA's regional feeder - hence the OFFERS were rejected by..................

I'll slow down so it'll sink in.............

.....AMR.

:whatever:
What I "get" is your obvious lack of understanding of the word "OFFER."

I repeat - read slowly, okay? : There were two OFFERS (meaning - two entities OFFERED to buy Eagle), but neither wanted to continue being AA's regional feeder - hence the OFFERS were rejected by..................

I'll slow down so it'll sink in.............

.....AMR.
:laff: Easy there, Stan!
A lot people feel that is the plan.
That's what I thought was the plan initially. I didn't know they were looking to sell it to someone or investment group. Who'd buy an airline now? Wait...I forgot about the recent entrants. Scratch that. :buck:

I've got to go with Velo on this one. No one wants the company "as is".
Irrelevant to his first statement.

He said "No one wants to buy it." - which is false. Two offers means somebody obviously DID want it....

Now...

"No one wants to buy it as is" is a different statement altogether.

But you know that. ;)

Does american's cutting of flights apply to american connection also, or are they starting with just eagle?

Irrelevant to his first statement.

He said "No one wants to buy it." - which is false. Two offers means somebody obviously DID want it....

Now...

"No one wants to buy it as is" is a different statement altogether.

But you know that. ;)

Stan,

You'll love this. In a meeting yesterday, it was brought up that 'we' are trying to find a way to furlough out of seniority for greater cost savings.

I tried to keep a straight face, but I'm sure people saw my "Are you serious?" look.

Does american's cutting of flights apply to american connection also, or are they starting with just eagle?

It is all of the regional flying. Eagle is in charge of handling all feed for AA, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Eagle try to protect its own.

That said, today Bowler said that there is an alarming percentage (wouldn't specify) of flights that can not even cover the VARIABLE COSTS of a flight (fuel, wages, fees, etc) much less the leases and other fixed costs. Those flights are going bye bye.

AA should have their schedule for us 15 June and I'll have more info 17 June. I'm not sure if I'll be able to share though, that is if I still have a job :(

Stan,

You'll love this. In a meeting yesterday, it was brought up that 'we' are trying to find a way to furlough out of seniority for greater cost savings.

I tried to keep a straight face, but I'm sure people saw my "Are you serious?" look.
I've heard more than one senior captain say "If they offer me money, I'm outta here!"

There's a novel idea. They want the top-end guys gone anyway.

Throw that around in ya'lls next meeting. ;)

Back