AA adding service

Joshua949

i dont really understand why american is doing this...they know they want make any money off of this b/c of a couple of reasons i'm not gonna mention...only thing that people have to do is just drive to miami & they can get on a flight similar to this....just wasting time & money on this...

AMERICAN BEGINS INTERNATIONAL SERVICE FROM FORT LAUDERDALE

Flights to Port-au-Prince, Haiti, and Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, to start Nov. 1

MIAMI – American Airlines will begin international service from Fort Lauderdale to the Caribbean with two new flights. Effective Nov. 1, American will add daily service from Fort Lauderdale to Port-au-Prince, Haiti, and to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

The airline will use a Boeing 737-800 aircraft with capacity for 20 Business-Class and 114 Coach-Class passengers.

"We have made it easier for our customers to travel to the Caribbean by offering this convenient nonstop service from Fort Lauderdale. Expanding our Caribbean service from Fort Lauderdale is something that the growing Haitian and Dominican communities in the area have been requesting," said Peter Dolara senior vice president-Miami, the Caribbean and Latin America. "This new service is part of our continued commitment to the Caribbean, a market we have served for more than 30 years."

Following is the new schedule, effective Nov. 1:

From Ft. Lauderdale to Port-au-Prince - From Port-au-Prince to Ft. Lauderdale
Flight Departure Arrival Flight Departure Arrival
807 8:00 a.m. 9:49 a.m. 788 10:44 a.m. 12:46 p.m.

From Ft. Lauderdale to Santo Domingo - From Santo Domingo to Ft. Lauderdale
Flight Departure Arrival Flight Departure Arrival
845 2:16 p.m. 5:18 p.m. 846 6:13 p.m. 7:36 p.m.

387203.jpg

Who knows? Maybe they will make money off of this and maybe they won't; at least they think they will from these new routes... It might be a bad executive decision, but I would say that they project that this will be a sucess. I don't think they would be doing this to hurt the company...
confused.gif

Back