A380

Stomp16

You mean Shennanigans?!?!
I was on a SW flight tonight from LAX to SFO and upon rotation looked out the window to see 2 Qantas A380s sitting on the ramp. At first I didn't think I was really seeing what I was seeing but then I got a little excited. I felt like a kid seeing my first boob. An ugly boob, but still a boob.........

And yeah and I know this thread is useless without pics but who wants to see ugly boobs anyways?!?! :D

And yeah and I know this thread is useless without pics but who wants to see ugly boobs anyways?!?! :D

Ugly boobs, here you go...you know you want a peek...

(and I understand this pic sucks, but I was just happy to find & grab my phone fast enough last friday when we taxied by @ LAX)

a380.jpg

Ugly boobs, here you go...you know you want a peek...

(and I understand this pic sucks, but I was just happy to find & grab my phone fast enough last friday when we taxied by @ LAX)

a380.jpg

Nice! That's exactly where one of the two was sitting tonight.

...because if you thought a vertical stab coming off is bad, how about a wing...

2009564297.gif

linky

BTW: the "american" 787 wing is made by Misubishi and the center wing box by Fuji, the tail is made in Italy.

Cheers
George

IIRC, the wing surpassed what the engineers had hoped for during the bending test. What they had hoped for was 150x what any human or computer input could subject the wing to...

RD

IIRC, the wing surpassed what the engineers had hoped for during the bending test. What they had hoped for was 150x what any human or computer input could subject the wing to...

RD

Yes, meaning that it still was just BARELY strong enough to meet the requirement. Boeing tails break too, if you do what the AA crew did to the Airbus to them.

This whole Boeing worship is pretty silly, and if you don't work for Boeing, just comes across as the talk of naive newbies. Comes off as someone using the term "neato" in place of what ever the current term of "good" is.

IIRC, the wing surpassed what the engineers had hoped for during the bending test....

well I hope you're wrong about the engineers because that would mean they had pretty low expectations ;-)

...the wing test fell short of the ultimate load target,..

...It also helps explain why Boeing canceled the first flight planned for the end of June...

just read the whole Seattle Times article here

Don't get me wrong I like Boeing and Airbus and Embraer and even the Canadiens sometimes especially when the pay is right...

I'm just amused because Boeing is facing issues far worse than wiring bundles being to short and they were so vocal at tearing into Airbus with the A380...

The A380 is no more fugly than the 767 cockpit frankensteined on the front of the 777...

The biggest upshot is that the pretty 747-800 will probably fly before the 787...

Cheers
George

Back