A340-500, whoa...

aceflyley

Forgive me, I know this is much more of an a.net post, but...

Check out www.emirates.com and click on the info for their new A340-500. That is a pretty "dope" first class cabin. I would just get me one of those private cabins with the window seat, order 5 bottes of cristal, round up a couple of honeys from business class, and throw a pool party in there
grin.gif

WOW, that is sick!

Just for fun I requested a price on a first class round trip ticket from Paris to Sydney for January 04, $7600.00!

The same ticket in Economy is $1300. Wow, $6300 for a First Class upgrade. You must want to give away your money.

With those little sliding privacy screen things the membership in the mile high club is going to double every month!! Not that many of us are ever going to fly in something like that (as a passenger... maybe some "actually" flying) but I like the lighting. Oh well, too dream is to hope... or something like that.

Ethan

Singapore Airlines also have a presentation for their A340-500 that they'll be getting in a few months..... www.singaporeairlines.com

I think by 2006 they are wanting to replace their entire 747 fleet with more 777's and A340-500's. Heck, just this year alone they have gotten rid of about 19 747's which are all less than 14 years old................
confused.gif
crazy.gif
confused.gif
crazy.gif

DANG!!!!!!!

That is so neat...I would have to sell my soul to afford that..

I love the lighting...the stars are way neat....That Looks better than a trip to disneyland...

Isn't it really just coming full circle? Here is a shot from a Martin M-130.
[image]http://www.zpub.com/sf/history/cc15.jpeg[/image]

Dang, how does that work, to post a photo you do what????

[ QUOTE ]
WOW, that is sick!

Just for fun I requested a price on a first class round trip ticket from Paris to Sydney for January 04, $7600.00!

The same ticket in Economy is $1300. Wow, $6300 for a First Class upgrade. You must want to give away your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

$7600 is a steal for that seat...ever check out a first or business fare from the US to europe or Asia? I think LAX-LON generally runs around $10000+ and it's half the distance of CDG-SYD! (though I guess airfares rarely are a function of distance)

Generally, I think that it's businesses which are paying those kind of airfares...smart businessmen get jobs which permit international premium class travel. Though who knows, from DBX there's probably a lot of shieks who are willing to shell out that kinda money for personal travel.

LAX to London is a fairly premium nonstop. Else you've got to leave LA pretty earlier in order to connect in JFK, ATL, IAD or ORD.

Hopping on a jet in LAX and arriving at LHR 11 hours later without stopping would be fantastic.

Personally, i HAAAAAATE having to connect, but you know, whether you go to heaven or hell, you've gotta connect in ATL.

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, i HAAAAAATE having to connect, but you know, whether you go to heaven or hell, you've gotta connect in ATL.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a former Florida resident, I'm all-too-familiar with that refrain, and did it more times than I care to count. However, I'm constrained to point out that YOUR employer, Mother Delta, is responsible for it. Run a 900-flight-a-day hub and you've got to run everybody and their cousin through to make it work. But, if you've got to connect somewhere, ATL is a pretty good airport for it. Easy enough to get around, lots of food, and for entertainment you can just stop by the "smoker aquarium" and tap on the glass.

Saw the shot and had to take it, Doug. Sorry!

[ QUOTE ]
$7600 is a steal for that seat

[/ QUOTE ]

Steal is a relative thing, it still isn't cheap.

That is absolutley amazing! By far it is a dream come true for air travel, btw check out www.airbus.com they have some sweet stuff on thier Airbus A380. It looks pretty neat, first class bar/lounge
grin.gif

And to think, I used to be able to sit in that cabin on Emirates for FREE
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
Of course, back then it wasn't a suite!
frown.gif

Back