A320 flows

twothousandgt

Does anyone know of / have cockpit flows for the A320. Any airline will do, just looking for some reference. Any Bus drivers around here?

lol!

No problem, I got love for the Scarebus 310/300. Your working at UPS I'm assume? If you want to share your 300 flows, please don't let me stop you
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Actually, if you could possibly post the mach .84 fuel consumption tables for the 57/67, i would GREATLY appreciate it. I've only got .80/.81/LRC and 300kt, so I can't really do any planning for UPS flights
frown.gif

What flows in particular are you interested in? I have a whole chapter in our AOM (about 100 pages in small print) dedicated to flows depending on the phase of flight.

The B75/76 fuel consumption at .84 is in the neighborhood of 10/12 thousand pounds/hr respective depending on weight and altitude. The A300 couldn't do .84 in a nose dive at full power!
grin.gif
BTW, the A300-600 Vmo/Mmo is 335kts/.82 Mach. On a good day you might be able to get .81 out of it.

Heh, I kinda figured it was a long one. Don't worry about it A300, I'll have to pay you to photocopy them and send em my way another time
wink.gif

I was however hoping you could scan in the .84 fuel consumption page(s) if you still got your 57/67 manuals. A ballpark figure is wonderful (thanks btw), but I need the whole chart for flight planning
grin.gif
grin.gif

I had no idea the A300 was so slow, I can't believe .82 is MMO! What's standard crz for you guys? Do you use LRC (or the equivalent) or is it a fixed mach number?

The flows were curiousity on the part of my roommate who is considering (read: forced to) downgrading to the A320 soon.

The fuel charts are for me for flight planning to use in flight sim. Doesn't the box say "As Real As It Gets?".
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I was however hoping you could scan in the .84 fuel consumption page(s) if you still got your 57/67 manuals

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't scan but here are some fiqures out of the book:

FL330 (230,000lbs GW)-5487lbs/per engine to 4197lbs/per eng at 130,000lbs GW (RB2111-535E4)..B757

FL330 (220,000lbs GW)-4847lbs/per engine to 3879lbs/per eng at 130,000lbs GW (PW2040)..B757

FL330 (360,000lbs GW)-6754lbs/per engine to 4946lbs/per eng at 200,000lbs GW (CF6-80C2B6F)..B767-300ER

[ QUOTE ]
had no idea the A300 was so slow, I can't believe .82 is MMO! What's standard crz for you guys? Do you use LRC (or the equivalent) or is it a fixed mach number?

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard crz speeds vary depending on whether it's a next day air or 2nd day air flt. Next day air is usually flt planned at a cost index of 125 (about .81) in the FMC (GO FAST!) and 2nd day flts are normally flt planned at a 40 cost index (about .78) which is our LRC. Econ speeds are variable and dependent upon the cost index number entered in the FMC. Also, that speed varies depending on the current weight, alt, and winds entered in the FMC.

American use to run A300s from MCO to SJU. I regularly saw .84 while sitting in the jump seat. Standard cruise was .78-.80 though.

[ QUOTE ]
I regularly saw .84 while sitting in the jump seat

[/ QUOTE ]

John,

Not sure how that's possible since .82 is the A300-600's Mmo (redline) limit. That's from the manufacturer not a company limit. And trust me, that pig has trouble doing .82!
grin.gif

I've heard the A310 (the A300's short fat sister) is an .84 aircraft. I can't remember, did AA ever fly that model in their fleet?

Well I am getting old and maybe my memory is failing me. CRS you know....

AA has the 2 seater A300s - no FE. Really super hi tech aircraft that automatically pumps fuel around the aircraft to keep it balanced. It might be a later model or maybe not.

I know I saw some guys on hard time doing .76 one night. That is pretty clear. The .84 keeps soming up though - when they were on soft time and in a hurry.

[ QUOTE ]
AA has the 2 seater A300s - no FE. Really super hi tech aircraft that automatically pumps fuel around the aircraft to keep it balanced

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, it's the same model I fly. The one with the FE position is the A300-B4 model. My type rating actually reads "A310". If it read "A300", that would be for the B4 model (3 person crew). In the A300-600 that UPS and AA fly, they've eliminated the FE position and basically stuck his panel on the overhead to really load up the two flying pilots.
grin.gif

It's really not that high tech and I always thought it was a step down from the B75/76 automation. The A300's automation is not as reliable, intuitive or as smooth as the B75/B76's. It was high tech for it's day but now rudimentary compared to the newer generation of Airbuses.

Many large transport aircraft have the type of fuel system which moves the gas around to optimize the CG during cruise flt(aft CG). About the only thing this accomplishes is to make the airplane very unstable in any kind of turbulence at altitude and we'll simply manually pump it all forward again to stabilize things.

How many transport category airliners (B757, B777, A330, etc.) will get up in that .84 mach range? I know jumpseating on the L1011 we were cruising at .84. Got up to .86 at one point, and the Captain goes, "Christ, let's not go supersonic, come on now."
grin.gif

Back