A trip to Vegas...

Bumblebee

Commodore
So, let's say you are captain for a 121 outfit commanding a small airliner with one flight attendant. She happens to be petite, cute and a bit naive. You load 8 passengers who are having a good time, (not drunk but a bit loose) all of them men, all in the same group, looks like some may be a bit sketch. No other passengers are going...
A couple of flirtatious comments from the guys, right as they were coming aboard. No other passengers. You have a 90 minute flight. Flight attendant is a bit nervous, but there is no apparent reason to cancel...or to remove any of the guys.

I thought it was a good one to share...I can tell you what the captain did and the consequences, after we get down the thread a bit.

Oops! :)

He that discussion back at SYX!

Sent from my Colecovision Adam

I wouldn't think anything of it unless the guys were insulting and demeaning or the flight attendant was really upset. Obviously this was a real scenario but I would be willing to bet that the comments she was getting from the slightly intoxicated passengers were not half as bad as some of the things she has heard from coworkers. Just saying.

So, let's say you are captain for a 121 outfit commanding a small airliner with one flight attendant. She happens to be petite, cute and a bit naive. You load 8 passengers who are having a good time, (not drunk but a bit loose) all of them men, all in the same group, looks like some may be a bit sketch. No other passengers are going...
A couple of flirtatious comments from the guys, right as they were coming aboard. No other passengers. You have a 90 minute flight. Flight attendant is a bit nervous, but there is no apparent reason to cancel...or to remove any of the guys.

I thought it was a good one to share...I can tell you what the captain did and the consequences, after we get down the thread a bit.

What does SHE think?

a little bit concerned, but has no reason to do anything, nor did the captain or CS...

Then you take note and move about your business. Something comes up, you've got a heads up on what's going on and what the divert will entail, if necessary.

FA didn't keep serving them drinks, did she?

Climb high, raise cabin altitude accordingly until said passengers are asleep. Advise use of oxygen to crew as needed. Done.

90% joking.

Everybody should be on high alert for any shananigans, but no need to take action without a just cause. Maybe the Captain had a crush on the FA and got a little bit jealous???

right, they briefed the FA to have her call every 10 minutes...while she was nervous about the situation, this helped. There was no legal criteria to remove any of the guys, so the flight went. They briefed that should she not check in, the FO would look in back. If there were issues then the cabin would have been raised while diverting to an appropriate airport with security and law enforcement. Upon some of the discussion here, it may have been a better plan to not raise the cabin, but that was what was briefed.

I can assure you there was no crush or personal reasons for any of the decisions...silly pop...

right, they briefed the FA to have her call every 10 minutes...while she was nervous about the situation, this helped. There was no legal criteria to remove any of the guys, so the flight went. They briefed that should she not check in, the FO would look in back. If there were issues then the cabin would have been raised while diverting to an appropriate airport with security and law enforcement. Upon some of the discussion here, it may have been a better plan to not raise the cabin, but that was what was briefed.

I can assure you there was no crush or personal reasons for any of the decisions...silly pop...
:) Just thinking outside the box.

Tazer someone. Best to set a good example right from the start and ensure smooth sailing for the rest of the trip.

Back