A space satellite fell from the sky and landed on a Michigan farm

Oxman

I thought it would be a little more burnt up and make a bigger hole.

1572213130316.png

It’s not the plot of a sci-fi movie: A satellite plummeted from the sky and landed on a farm in Michigan over the weekend.
The large piece of space equipment was found Saturday morning on the property of Nancy Welke, who heard a loud noise outside her farm in Merrill and went to investigate, she told a local newspaper, the Gratiot County Herald.

She and her husband Dan then found the Samsung satellite in the yard, according to a Facebook post shared by the newspaper.
Welke said the device featured a box wrapped in aluminum foil with a cellphone and two cameras inside. Photos of the satellite show that it featured the phrase “Space Selfie” on it.

“Unbelievable look what just fell out of the sky and 911 is baffled and it’s caught up in our tree," Welke wrote in her own Facebook post.
Last week, Samsung kicked off a “SpaceSelfie” campaign designed to allow people to send their selfie photos into space. The campaign was launched Thursday with model Cara Delevingne sending one of her photos.

“I’m honored to be Samsung’s SpaceSelfie pioneer!” Delevingne said in a statement. “To celebrate, I wanted to take the first group selfie to go to space. I can’t wait for my fans to join us in space and get their hands on a SpaceSelfie of their own.”

It has not been confirmed whether the satellite used in that promotion is the one that landed on Welke’s property.

Definitely was not in orbit. Almost certainly not a “satellite”. Not scorched, panels are still attached, and those are what appear to be landing legs, which wouldn’t be on a satellite. Neither would a cell phone and two cameras in a box wrapped in aluminum foil be considered space worthy.

I have made sure and not watched a single second of that show. I already lose brain cells when I see the meme, so I can only imagine how many brain cells I'd lose watching it.

Lets just say it made me glad I’m not paying for cable.

The History Channel is deeeeeeeeeeeead.

I thought it would be a little more burnt up and make a bigger hole.

View attachment 50143

It’s not the plot of a sci-fi movie: A satellite plummeted from the sky and landed on a farm in Michigan over the weekend.
The large piece of space equipment was found Saturday morning on the property of Nancy Welke, who heard a loud noise outside her farm in Merrill and went to investigate, she told a local newspaper, the Gratiot County Herald.

She and her husband Dan then found the Samsung satellite in the yard, according to a Facebook post shared by the newspaper.
Welke said the device featured a box wrapped in aluminum foil with a cellphone and two cameras inside. Photos of the satellite show that it featured the phrase “Space Selfie” on it.

“Unbelievable look what just fell out of the sky and 911 is baffled and it’s caught up in our tree," Welke wrote in her own Facebook post.
Last week, Samsung kicked off a “SpaceSelfie” campaign designed to allow people to send their selfie photos into space. The campaign was launched Thursday with model Cara Delevingne sending one of her photos.

“I’m honored to be Samsung’s SpaceSelfie pioneer!” Delevingne said in a statement. “To celebrate, I wanted to take the first group selfie to go to space. I can’t wait for my fans to join us in space and get their hands on a SpaceSelfie of their own.”

It has not been confirmed whether the satellite used in that promotion is the one that landed on Welke’s property.
Uh.... yeah.
That's definitely real.

#SpaceSelfie.

7kfIcDF.jpg
You know, that Meme was plagiarized... that's been my personal mantra since about the time I reached the Catholic Age of Reason. As a child, I always wanted my parents to sell the house and move to a trailer so I could personally witness tornadoes and get abducted by aliens.

Back