A sorta general question...

Ryan

Ok, so I've been looking into UND a little bit in the recent weeks, more specifically the B.A. in Airport Management which would include Private / Commercial / Instrument / Multi Engine; My question is that the website says the flight cost for this is $ 31,648, and the cost of tuition is $ 9,902 for out of state residents which would be me and this cost is per academic year would I have to pay both?? so if I went there for 4 years hopefully not more I'd pay $39,608 for tuition plus the $31,648 which would be $71,256?? plus room and board and other ways that college rips you off. Anyway I still have a good amount of time to decide on this and if anyone could shed some light on this topic it would be greatly appreciated as well as their opinion of the school.

Thanks
cool.gif
, Ryan

Ryan- Yes you do have to pay both the tuition, and the flight fees. After your first year you can declare yourself as a North Dakota resident, and your tuition will be lower.Wow the prices have really gone up since I was there.

Ryan,

Are you looking at the Airport or Aviation Mananagement degree? For Airport Management you only have to get your private or complete the Survey of Flight course
wink.gif

Depending on the state your from the tuition may be cheaper. They give discounts to a lot of western states. I was a California resident when I started and only payed $700 more per semester than a North Dakota resident. I have been here a year now and switched over to North Dakota residency to save the extra cash.

I am looking into the Airport Management degree because it is aviation related but not totally dependant on the current status of the aviation industry, because airports are rarely closed so it gives me a backup plan for later on, this leads me to another question; can you add more licenses if they are not included in your program of study?? I think the Airport management program only includes up to a commercial ticket, I'd like to have some more licesnes than that, I hear they have a CRJ sim there, that would be awesome to use but I don't think it is included in the Airport Management degree, and one last question (for now at least) how long does each license take to complete (approximately)??

Thanks, Ryan

[ QUOTE ]
can you add more licenses if they are not included in your program of study??

[/ QUOTE ]

You could go all the way through your MEI if you wanted.

I'm sure UND would love that too. ($$)

You have things confused. Airport Management only takes gives you a private certificate and Aviation Management takes you through your commercial ticket.

All flight courses take 1 semester, doesn't matter which one. If you were to do Aviation Management, you would have 102/105/112, 221, 222, 323, and 325 to complete. So that is a minimum of 5 semesters to complete all of the flying for Aviation Management.

As long as you are an aviation major here, you are able to take all classes offered in the Avit department no matter what your actual major is.

so if you can take any aviation classes that you like but they are not a part of your major you take them on your own time thus adding to your course load?

yes you can take any flight course you want (provided you have the prereqs) if you are in the aviation department. So if yo are ATC for example and want to get your instrument/commercial/multi, you are perfectly capable of taking 221-325. Most dont just because its expensive.

How is the Air Traffic Control degree program at UND?

What do you think about the future of the Air Traffic Control job market?

I'm pretty sure the program is based on the curiculum used at the FAA ATC program in OKC. So it's pretty much the same thing that you will see when you go down there after you graduate.

As for job markets, I have been told that ATC has almost a 100% placement rate. Good pay too.

one of my roommates graduated last spring with a double major in commercial aviation and ATC. he has no job right now, but that's mainly because he enjoys living off his mom and dad's money.

Back