A proud US Citizen

Aero_Engineer

Today at 10:00 AM PST I finally took the Oath and became a proud United States Citizen. I have been anxiously waiting for a long time, now back to training and knocking off those ratings since I don't have to deal with TSA anymore.
Thanks again for all the support, without you wonderful folks I would have ended up to be that miserable doctor that kept wondering why he did not give this amazing world of aviation a try.

Today at 10:00 AM PST I finally took the Oath and became a proud United States Citizen. I have been anxiously waiting for a long time, now back to training and knocking off those ratings since I don't have to deal with TSA anymore.
Thanks again for all the support, without you wonderful folks I would have ended up to be that miserable doctor that kept wondering why he did not give this amazing world of aviation a try.

Congratulations!

How was the process? How long did it take you to become a citizen from the time you applied? My friend is trying to do the same, but he's thinking it will take quite a while.

Congratulations! In my opinion, natives often don't appreciate the gift that being born in the right place gave them. Immigrants usually do. Now let's all pull together and bring this country back to what it was supposed to be and make it something to proud of again.

Congratulations! In my opinion, natives often don't appreciate the gift that being born in the right place gave them. Immigrants usually do. Now let's all pull together and bring this country back to what it was supposed to be and make it something to proud of again.

Sad, but true.

That being said, a big CONGRATULATIONS, Armen! :nana2: :rawk:

Awesome.
I work with some guys that became citizens this year and it gives me hope for the future to see the want and desire of these people to be great Americans.
Congratulations!

Thank you all for the great words.

I entered the country June of 2001 with my Green Card for the first time. I officially made the move from my country of origin to united States on the 27th of Jan. 2002.
I applied for US citizenship by Naturalization on August of 2006. It took more than two years (October of 2008) for me to be called for the interview and then came the Oath ceremony which took place yesterday.
It took me over two of my most precious flying years to become a citizen but it is absolutely worth it, I would have waited longer if necessary. For some it takes less tahn this and some wait up to 5 years to become citizens. A lot of factors play in so no guarntee.
I really wanted and needed this especially for my future career in aviation mostly as an administrator or even a commercial pilot.

Very big congrats to you, Aero!

A week or so ago I worked at a ceremony down here where people took the Oath. It was a wonderful experience to take part in.

Congrats!

Back