A little warbird love.

Muff3n

I am employed as the washboy/errand runner/mechanics helper by a corporate flight department whose owners are also avid warbird collectors. Yesterday I had to do what is the toughest day of my year, the yearly pre-Oshkosh bath that I give the DC3 before it makes the trip. It is a full day worth of work, and it takes additional days to polish the props/clean the interior. I also threw in a few of our other warbirds.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374215960.569921.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374216291.353249.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374216004.035860.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374216055.136281.jpg

Nice collection they have there. I'd especially love to climb all over the A-1. I remember chatting with you a while back about bowhunting and you mentioned you were in AL. Which field is this at?

I would forsake all of the other airplanes pictured for that Skyraider. Yes, ALL of them.

Nice collection they have there. I'd especially love to climb all over the A-1. I remember chatting with you a while back about bowhunting and you mentioned you were in AL. Which field is this at?

Out department is based at KTOI.

Wouldn't mind a closer look at the Twin Beech in the background. :)

Our twin beech is a nice looking plane! I am going to start making some more picture threads from time to time and I will make sure I include some twin beech ones!

Here is a link to one of our Beech 18 air to air shots. That photographer's website also has several other of our department's airplanes posted on there.

http://www.flightof2photography.com/gallery.php?photoID=151&catID=2&itemPos=30&startAt=26

Back