A kinda minor annoyance with posting...

Trip7

Is it just me or does anyone else get annoyed with all the "Get Ready!" "Hold on tight!" "Strap in!" comments after something bad happens in the industry?

Is it just me or does anyone else get annoyed with all the "Get Ready!" "Hold on tight!" "Strap in!" comments after something bad happens in the industry?

No, it's just you. I guess you didn't see the memo.:D

Office-Space-cc01.jpg

Man, I was thinking about posting the same thing a week ago!!

Yeah, like suddenly you need to put a five-point harness on to get ready to lose a job.

There is one other online forum saying that I hate. "I'm gonna go make some popcorn for this one!!!" C'mon. First of all you can't use the computer much while you're eating popcorn because your fingers are all buttery. Second of all, does anyone really do that? Make a bag of popcorn and read a thread as it spirals out of control?

:p

truth be known... sometimes i do get popcorn out! best thing to eat when drama is about to get good :D

Oh good grief, here I was in a pre sign-in panic thinking, "WTF's the matter with the forum software!" :)

Movie theater buttery kind? Or dry?

I knew someone would come on here and prove me wrong. Well, the popcorn only lasts five minutes and the thread would spiral out of control long after all the butter and salt has been licked out of the inside of the bag. :)

Yeah, like suddenly you need to put a five-point harness on to get ready to lose a job.

:p

Plus get your blood pressure up to a appropriately high level, add some worrying about something you can't control, and finally, brace yourself! Now you're "ready":D

Plus get your blood pressure up to a appropriately high level, add some worrying about something you can't control, and finally, brace yourself! Now you're "ready":D

Oh shoot, I know what that feels like. I went thru all that drama 2001-2005.

"Here it is!"

"Here it comes!"

"Brace!"

"I'm Buyin' GOLD!"

"Major Announcement in (x number of days/weeks)"

"Get Ready"

Ick. Pilots and headlines.

.....to have an ulcer or heart attack, whichever comes first.:)

Movie theater buttery kind? Or dry?

I knew someone would come on here and prove me wrong. Well, the popcorn only lasts five minutes and the thread would spiral out of control long after all the butter and salt has been licked out of the inside of the bag. :)
butta all the way! :D

it works for everyone...the question is, what are you doing that it doesn't work for you?

Nothing irks me more than:

Title: "Another airline furloughs..."
Subject: "I heard UAL might furlough from a fortune cookie, anyone else hear that?"

If no one would read your stupid *** thread if you put an honest title on it, maybe that's a good sign you shouldn't post.

Nothing irks me more than:

Title: "Another airline furloughs..."
Subject: "I heard UAL might furlough from a fortune cookie, anyone else hear that?"

If no one would read your stupid *** thread if you put an honest title on it, maybe that's a good sign you shouldn't post.

Tar and feather the speculators! :yar:

Oh shoot, I know what that feels like. I went thru all that drama 2001-2005.

"Here it is!"

"Here it comes!"

"Brace!"

"I'm Buyin' GOLD!"

"Major Announcement in (x number of days/weeks)"

"Get Ready"

Wouldn't it be simply awesome if the GPWS did exactly the same thing?

*whoop* *whoop* "Get Ready!" "Ground's comin'!" *whoop whoop* "Brace yourselves!"

I'm on to something here...calling Rockwell-Collins as soon as they open....

Not nearly as annoyed when your company management starts crying doom and gloom during contract negotiations...which just so happen to coincide with this crisis. :rolleyes:

Drink beer, have sex!!!! :laff:

Back