A few questions...

bigbadbobbyb

Hi all,
I'm new to the site and to ATC in general and am trying to figure out what is going on. Thus far, I have applied to PUBNAT3, taken the AT-SAT, and received my score a few days ago: 94.6. I pretty much have no idea what comes next though. I have been browsing around the forums here and it seems like now I wait to see if i'm on the referral list? How do they choose who gets referred? In their signatures people have all sorts of acronyms that I can't seem to find the meaning of some of them. The next step after getting your AT-SAT scores seems to be getting a call and submitting your geographical preference... Is that in any way related to the geographical preference already filled out in the FAA online application (the one that qualified me to take the AT-SAT)? i reviewed my preferences in the application and saw that i kinda screwed up and only put a few, specific cities around where I live and didn't put anything bigger like a whole state or around the nation. I'm worried that now i'll only be considered at a few locations instead of anywhere, when i'd really be willing to move anywhere in the US right now. Anyways, I'm just hoping someone who's a little farther in the process will be able to explain some things to me... do you have to be placed on a referral list to get called for your geo preferece? does everyone on the referal list get called for that? does everyone on the referal list go to a PEPC, or only the ones who are being interviewed already for a position/entering the training school in OK? some of the acronyms that i see tossed around a lot but don't know what they mean are OTS, FOL, TOL, and probably a few others that I'm forgetting. Anyways, that's more than enough questions for now, any help is very much appreciated.

Wow that's a lot of questions :panic:

Your next step is the geographic preference email. On the original application, you were instructed to only choose "United States - Throughout the Nation"... Now that everyone from PUBNAT3 (the announcement you applied for) finished their AT-SAT and has their scores (I believe), you're waiting for this email. Everyone who passes the AT-SAT will get a geographic preference email.

Referral list comes after the email. It's based on the locations you choose and your test score. This is where they start cutting people... not everyone makes it onto a referral list. Not everyone who is on the referral list will be invited to a PEPC (Pre-Employment Processing Center). Being invited to a PEPC basically means you've been selected for a position.

OTS - off the street
TOL - tentative offer letter
FOL - final offer letter

I think I covered as much as I could...

Oh... and check in over in this thread to meet some people from your announcement:
http://forums.jetcareers.com/application-process-at-sat-geo-prefs-annoucements/70761-pubnat3.html

Thank you so much, very helpful information! I suppose my only remaining question right now is one that you probably won't know the answer to but might be able to give an opinion... Will I be at a disadvantage since I missed the part that said to just put "throughout the nation"...? hopefully I will still receive the email for the geographical preference still right?

Thanks again.

Thank you so much, very helpful information! I suppose my only remaining question right now is one that you probably won't know the answer to but might be able to give an opinion... Will I be at a disadvantage since I missed the part that said to just put "throughout the nation"...? hopefully I will still receive the email for the geographical preference still right?

Thanks again.

I wouldn't worry too much about not putting 'Throughout the Nation' on there. I remember some people here not doing that and still getting their Geo Prefs.

I don't think it was until PUBNAT3 that they started saying basically "If you don't put United States - Through Out the Nation, you will not be selected" and even then I would be surprised if the people the missed that still get AT-SAT and other notices. The only other thing I can add is be ready for the longest wait in your life, but when everything starts happening, it happens! Oh, and don't make any life changing moves until you get your FOL (Firm Offer Letter). However, if you are going to get divorced, do it before you get a pay raise, best case is if you can get it finalized while at OKC and you are only making like 18K per year.

I don't think it was until PUBNAT3 that they started saying basically "If you don't put United States - Through Out the Nation, you will not be selected" and even then I would be surprised if the people the missed that still get AT-SAT and other notices.

I failed to put 'United States - Throughout the Nation' on my Pubnat3 application and still got to take the AT-SAT. However, I did send off an email to the address listed on the announcement regarding the repercussions of not selecting Throughout the Nation in the application. If I get any info back on that I will post it here.

I failed to put 'United States - Throughout the Nation' on my Pubnat3 application and still got to take the AT-SAT. However, I did send off an email to the address listed on the announcement regarding the repercussions of not selecting Throughout the Nation in the application. If I get any info back on that I will post it here.

It is the FAA, sit back, enjoy the ride :D

Here's what I received back from the FAA. Got a reply within 12 hours of emailing.

"We do not use the geographical preference section in ASAP; there is an additional e-mail that will be sent so that you can indicate your preferences just prior to a selection panel convening. You will receive an e-mail from our contractor asking you to follow a URL link that will be provided at the bottom of that message. "

Not really new information, but this is straight from the horse's mouth. :rawk:

Hopefully, this will alleviate some of the anxiety that some may have over the ASAP geographical preferences.

Why is there all this anxiety on if you did or did not. I know I did and I am just fine, although I did have to take 20 swats at the PEPC for not following instructions, but it wasn't too bad.

Cal 1-405-954-3501, ask some questions around there and they should either answer them or direct you toward someone who can answer them.

Back