A few more from Cairo/Alexandria

FlyingSig

From earlier this month... still adding to the set, been lazy lately.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/flyingsig/sets/72157610055615033/

3059104411_1ecaff12e7_b.jpg

Some bridge near Alexandria, Egypt

3060470686_1d4afcaba8_b.jpg

Inside a Mosque near the Bazar in Cairo

3059635503_8ece7428f6_b.jpg

At the Bazar

3059630671_c59d481ce4_b.jpg

City of the Dead.... this is an Egyptian cemetary (all the houses are actually family gravesites... but homeless people also live in them)

3060472676_dda77bf588_b.jpg

Shopkeeper

3060463278_97f51a3391_b.jpg

Flying over the pyramids... it was super hazy/dusty out... had to really photoshop this just to get the pyramids to show up

Man does that bring back memories. It's been 27 years since I've been there and I'd really like to go back someday.

How'd you manage to get a picture of the Mosque? I thought pictures of mosques were forbidden? It might just be a country by country thing though.

I think it's more of a mosque by mosque thing... this one nobody seemed to mind. A few others in Cairo wanted a donation to bring my camera in, in Amman nobody seemed to care but in Istanbul I couldn't even get in the door.

I think it's more of a mosque by mosque thing... this one nobody seemed to mind. A few others in Cairo wanted a donation to bring my camera in, in Amman nobody seemed to care but in Istanbul I couldn't even get in the door.

At the Blue Mosque in IST? I was there during Ramadan and we all took pictures like amazed Japanese tourists!

Not sure what the name of the IST one was but the crowd that started yelling at us gave me the distinct impression that we were not wanted there.

Well, perhaps the tank top, Harley Davidson cap, fanny pack and 44oz Super Slurpee weren't the most befitting accoutrement! :) :sarcasm:

That's a great photo, man!

BTW, use that front closet!

Back