A few interview questions.. Not the normal "what is it?" questions.

Tram

A few interview questions.. Not the normal \"what is it?\" questions.

Hey guys-

I'm getting ready to attend ATP.. I need to go through the interview, etc.. I understand that the interview will be done as a partial oral and then a practical on a sim..

What I'm wondering is, where do I go for the interview? I plan on attending the Dallas campus, I live about 5 hours from the Atlanta campus, could I do the interview there or do I need to cross country myself out to Dallas for the interview?
smile.gif

Thanks guys!

Jeff

Re: A few interview questions.. Not the normal \"what is it?\" questions.

I scheduled my interview in atlanta and was told it consists of a 25 question written test. Multiple choice, T/F and fillin the blank type questions. Another member on here stated that you go over your written test with another instructor and if you have any questions that is the time to ask. From what I have been told there really isn't an oral interview till you get the call by the VP for the phone interview. I was told on the written there are questions such as- lightgun signals, V speeds, what is maneuvering speed, oxygen requirements, classes of medicals and how long are they good for, VFR mins. in each class airspace.

So as long as you have a ppl the interview shouldn't be a big deal... just review your ppl stuff.

Anyone else that has already been through the interview have anything else to add?

Really, has anyone ever been denied training at ATP baised on this interview.

Assuming they had the cash?

Well..

I've got my interview scheduled for March 11th @ 1pm in ATL..

I'm a little nervous.. Why I'm not real sure. I guess I just don't want to get rejected.. I'm sure I'll be fine..

Anyone want to elaborate on what to expect?
smile.gif

Jeff

Do you have to go through this interview if your doing just their CFI program?

You'll be fine. Don't expect to get a perfect score...there are a few questions you would not expect a single-engne pilot to know. I think I scored 22/25 without preparing at all in advance.

Seriously, dont fret about it! The test is not difficult at all. It's just basic private pilot knowledge with a few questions thrown in that you are not necessarily expected to know the answer to.

Expect things along the lines of light gun signals, p-factor, airspace, airport markings, etc. If you're a private pilot with recent experience, you'll know the answers.

Im sure they've turned people down in the past, but from what I gather, it's mostly a formality.

I'm in the program at Dallas right now and having a great time. My partner and I are currently in the middle of the cross country phase. It's amazing to look back and see how far we've come in only 6 weeks time.

See ya in Dallas soon.

Jeremy

Yeh, I just get nervous..
smile.gif

I hope I'll be fine! I take the IFR written on Monday, then ATP on the 11th.. I'm going to study the light guns and stuff after the IFR tests..

I just did my interview this past weekend. I would not worry too much, but be prepared. If you have just finished your private you should have no problem...if it has been a while its time to hit the books.

The fun part of the interview is the simulator ride....nothing like any PC simulation. I would have to say it was the most fun and caused the most stress. If I can give you any advise it would be to keep a cool head and steady hand. The simulator was definitely a learning experience for me.

Good Luck!!! although you won't need it.

Mark

Everyone gets nervous about the SIM and Test. Just be ready to learn, professional, and open-minded, You'll do fine.

By the way... Mark did fine in the SIM, especially for a first time SIMer!
smile.gif

It was a pleasure meeting you Mark! Let me know when you hear something.

Bob

Man, I had to reschedule my interview.. My dad wanted to fly down with me and check out the place but he had a sim check to do and didn't get to go, then he just got called into fly for a week.. He's on reserves...

I'm about to freak out over this interview.. I guess it's pre-test jitters.. Studying for the Commerical written right now.. I think I have too much on the brain..
smile.gif

So far I know I need to know..

Light signal, airspace, the plane i've been flyings systems, Vxse and Vyse..

Anyone want to give anymore advice.
wink.gif
I've just gone back and re-read almost everythread here on the subject.. I don't want to be the 1st reject from ATP..

Yeh, I need to work on that. :p

Back